My hero.

I woke up next to James. He was hugging me in his sleep. I smile at him. He is still sleeping and he is so cute. I quietly get out of the hospital bed only to awaken him.

"W-what are you doing Taylor?" He asks while sitting up.

"Going to the bathroom. I'm fine, go back to sleep." He doesn't listen. He gets up jogs over to me and helps me over to the bathroom.

"You good?" He asks while still looking sleepy. I smile at him.

"Yes James. I'm fine" I giggle. He walks back over to the bed and lays down. I walk into the bathroom, do my morning routine, and come back out of the bathroom to find a nurse In my room.

"Oh well hi Taylor. I just came to check up on you and to do some vitals" she says smiling at me.

"Oh okay." I say as I limp over to the hospital bed and lay down next to James.

"So I will do all of your vitals now, including blood pressure, heart beat, and make sure you are all good, alright?" She asks me while getting the blood pressure pad.

"Okay. Also have you gotten the X-rays of my rib back yet? Cause it really has been hurting lately" I say looking up at the nurse while she wraps the blood pressure pad around my arm.

"Yes we have, and the doctor will be in soon to tell you what happened and how to fix it." She says while taking my blood pressure.

"Oh okay. I say as I relax while she is taking my blood pressure.

"Well, your blood pressure is a little high, but you have been through a lot lately, so I expected that." She says and she unwraps the blood pressure pad.

"Ok thanks." I say while she does the rest of my vitals then leaves the room. I hear a knock on the door and James and I look towards the door.

"Come on in." said James. The doctor walks in with an X-ray. He shuts the door behind him. He comes over and places it in the set it goes in. He turns off the lights and shows us my rib.

"Well. We were very shocked by this appearance." He says while looking at us.

"It's seems to me that you indeed have a broken rib. Not just one but 2 broken ribs on your right, and 3 fractured ribs on your left. It's as someone intentionally tried to break you. We don't see how you aren't hurting every time you move. You seem like a very strong girl. We can't really fix it, the only thing you can do to fix it is to be placed on bed rest. We are going to keep you here for a while, until you start to feel a little better. But as we noticed the broken ribs, we also found pieces of glass still stuck in your skin, that I seemed to miss. So later today, we will have to get those pieces of glass out, before they can do anymore damage." He says. Looking at James and I.

"Oh. Wow. I didn't think I had that many broken and fractured ribs." I say looking down towards my feet. James looks at me and frowns.

"Okay thanks doctor" James says as he looks at the doctor.

"It's my pleasure. We will be back in here in about and hour to get those pieces of glass out. They aren't very deep, so she won't need to be unconscious. I will say that it will hurt, but we need to get them out." He says worriedly looking at me.

"Okay. It's fine. Thank you doctor." I say. He nods and walks out of the room leaving James and I alone. James looks at me.

"How are you not crying in pain?" He asks me.

"I don't know. I guess because I have been through worse, it just doesn't hurt anymore." I say. James looks at me and smiles.

"Well at least there's a positive to all of this." He says