The procedure.

"We are sorry Taylor." The policemen say. I look at them confused.

"We were looking for your mother and father, but we did not find them. Therefor, we did not catch them" the one policemen said. Before I can even react to that information, James quickly hugs me. I guess he thought I was going to have another panic attack. I smile at James' cat like reflexes. "James I'm okay." I say towards him.

"Oh..okay." He says chuckling.

"So what do we do now?" I ask the policemen.

"Well, we will look for them. It's up to you if you want it cast out on the news." He says.

"I don't think that's a-" James starts before I cut him off.

"Okay. I think you should cast it out on the news." I say. The policemen nod and walk out, along with the doctor. James turns his head towards me.

"Why did you say that?" He asks me confused. I look at him and smile.

"Because James. If they are wandering around, little kids can get hurt by them. I want the public to know that they are dangerous and to stay away." I pause. "I don't care if people know my secret. I just don't want anyone else to get hurt like I did." I say feeling my eyes start to water. James looks at me and softly gives me a hug putting his head on my shoulder.

"That's nice of you Taylor. You probably just saved quite a bit of people." He says. I just smile and nod at him. At this moment there is a knock at the door. "Come in" I say. The doctor walks in and has equipment. I look at him funny.

"We still have to get those pieces of glass out" he says pointing at my side. Oh yeah! I completely forgot. Yayyy!! I think sarcastically.

"Oh yeah. Sorry doctor I forgot." I say giggling at myself. James gets closer to the edge of his chair and reaches out his hand. I look at him.

"Every time you hurt during this little procedure, squeeze my hand" he says looking at me.

"Okay." I say grabbing his hand. The doctor then starts his procedure. He sticks a needle in to open up my skin then uses very thin pliers to pick the pieces of glass out. I squeezed James' hand every time the needle pricked my skin. I'm not a fan of needles. I do not like them. The doctor then finishes his work and looks at me.

"Alright. All done" he said. I exhale loudly and get laughs from James and the doctor. I start laughing because they are laughing and then I hold my side and stop. I scrunched my face and breathed slowly.

"I can see your ribs are starting to bother you huh?" My doctor says as he walks over to examine my side. I nod my head and he points at my side and says, "may I?" I nod allowing him to gently touch my side, examining my ribs. As he was touching my ribs I winced in pain while scrunching my face. The doctor looks at me then at my rib that he just touched and said,"wow. It must have broken pretty bad. I barely touched you and u winced." He says taking his hand off of my side. I nodded at him again.

"Well since you clearly are in pain. We are putting you on bed rest now. If u need to use the restroom, have him help you" he says pointing at James. "Or ask a nurse. If u need food, call. And if you need anything else, press that button." He says while pointing to a button. "Okay?" He asks.

"Okay. Thanks doc" I say smiling at him. He nods and walks out of the room. I am still scrunching my face and touching my side just feeling and examining it myself. James looks at me. "Are you okay?" He asks. I nod. I lift my shirt and look at where my skin is hurting from my ribs. There is bruises...a lot of bruises. James's eyes widen as I lifted my shirt. I start to feel my bruises and my swollen side at where my rib had broken when I started crying. I started crying and James let me cry. He knew why I was crying. I was remembering everything that happened...and the fact that I almost got caught by them again, made me shiver in my spot. I then pull my shirt back down and relax back on the bed. I slowly drift off into sleep.

A/N- sorry that this was a little short, but I have some ideas about the next chapter and it's gonna be good!!!! Until next time!!❤️❤️