Recover.

I hug James the moment the restraining order gets in my hand. I start crying on his shoulder. I didn't want to make James family in danger.

"Why are you crying? He can't mess with you anymore.." James says to me. I hold my head up and look at him. I'm for sure there is mascara running down my face, but I didn't care.

"I didn't want to harm your family...and I thought me being with you would harm them...I thought going with him, that you guys would be safe...I-I thought I wasn't going to see you ever again...I thought the only way to keep you guys safe was to listen to him and go with him...I-" I pause. Holding my breath, with tears daring to drop at any second. My head is faced to my feet. I can't believe I thought I was going to leave James..just then he gently pulls my head up to look at him. He's looking into my eyes. His eyes are filled with love and care..

"Taylor. You are my family. I would never let someone take you away from me. If we couldn't have gotten a restraining order, then we would have found some other way. You were not leaving me. You understand? No one can tear us apart." He says looking deeply in my eyes. I scrunch my eyebrows.

"You really mean that?" I ask him. He just stares at me. And very quietly,

"Yes" he whispers barely audible. I smile and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Lets go home huh?" He asks me. I nod and grab his hand. He grabs my hand back and he leads the way. I follow him out of the police station and we take his truck back to the house. We walk into the house and I run straight over to Violet while James runs over to his mom.

"Are you okay Violet?" I ask her. She nods and stares at the floor.

"Are you okay Mom?" I hear James say.

"Yes. We are fine. Violets just a little shaken up." She says turning towards me.

"Are you alright dear?" She asks me. I totally forgotten I had gotten hit. I feel my cheek and nod towards Kim. She nods and turns back to James talking to him about what happened. Violet shouldn't have to hear this story again.

"Hey..you wanna go play barbies?" I ask her. Her face lights up slightly and she nods smiling. I nod back 'okay'. I hold her little hand as we head up to her room to play barbies.

"Okay. You are that Barbie, and I am this Barbie." She says pointing.

"Okay. Who is that Barbie?" I ask her. She looks at me.

"No one silly." She says. I laugh and start playing barbies. I honestly don't know what we did, because that's never how I played barbies. We never played barbies where you did your hair, picked out clothes and ate food. We played barbies by cutting them and using them for water guns. So this was a new experience for me.

"Game over." She says. Wow. A Barbie went to sleep and it's now the game over.

"Okay." I say laying the Barbie down. She also lays hers down. She gasps.

"Lets play Polly Pockets!" She yells.

"What is that?" I ask her. She gasps again.

"You don't know what Polly Pockets are?!!" She yells again. I shake my head. She picks a small miniature doll and shows it to me.

"This is what they are. You are that girl...and I am this girl." She says to me pointing at Polly Pockets. I nod my head and pick up the Polly Pocket. I hold it in my hand...the little doll is very tiny. We play a long game of house. I ended up laying on my stomach and playing in the bottom room of the house. While Violet is all over the house. I move my Polly Pocket from the bottom level to the middle level. Violet gives me a glare.

"What?" I ask her.

"You can't fly!" She says.

"What?" I ask her.

"You can't do that." She says pointing at the move I just made.

"You have to use the stairs." She tells me. I look at her.

"So I can't have flying powers?" I ask her smiling teasingly.

"No! You have to use the stairs!" She says sternly.

"Oh. Alright. I will." I say. Just then I hear a deep laughter. I turn and see James leaning on the doorway of Violets room. He's laughing at Violet and her rules of playing Polly Pockets. I didn't even know how long he was standing there for.

"Hey Vi?" He asks Violet. Violet turns her body towards him.

"Yeah Jamie?" She asks.

"Do you mind if I take Taylor?" He asks. I turn towards Violet. She sighs.

"Yeah. We will just finish our game later." She says. I look at her.

"We sure will" I say while pushing myself off of the floor. I stand and follow James out of Violets room.

"Bye Violet! I will see you tomorrow morning okay?" I say to her.

"Okay." She said softly. James closes his door and I lay down on his bed.

"How long were you standing there?" I ask him embarrassed.

"For a while" he says.

"You were?" I ask.

"Yeah. And it's adorable how you treat my little sister. I can tell she really like you." He says coming closer to me. He sits on the edge of the bed, as I am still laying stomach up on the bed.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah." He answers.

"Well...I never had a younger sister..she's never had an older sister...and well...I don't have a sister anymore, so maybe that's where that came from." I say quietly. He nods and lays down beside me.

"I am so tired." I say to him.

"Yeah me too. How's your cheek?" He says asking me.

"It's alright. I mean it's sore of course but ya know..it's gonna." I say to him.

"I swear I'm going to beat his ass." He says. I laugh.

"You already have." I say to him. He nods.

"True. But I was never finished with him." He says. I laugh and turn on my side. I feel James scooch closer to me. He wraps his muscular arms around my waist, and pulls me closer to his body. He lays his head between my shoulder and neck and I feel his warm breath on my neck. It makes my neck tickle. I slowly fall asleep feeling safe and protected by James muscular arms.