Trip..

JAMES P.O.V

*RINNNNGGGGG

My phone rings while I'm in the break room. I quickly pull it out seeing it's my mom. I answer my phone.

"JAMES!!" My mom yells nervously into the phone.

"Mom! What's wrong??!! What happened?!!" I ask nervously...something's wrong.

"Something terrible happened...you need to get home right now!" She yells at me. But she's too late. I already grabbed my keys and my jacket and already headed to my truck.

"Okay. Mom. Stay on the phone." I say to her.

"Now what happened?" I ask nervously.

"Taylor...she's...she's..." my mom says. I can hear sniffling in he back ground.

"SHES WHAT??" I ask practically yelling while I'm driving down the road towards our house.

"She's not here.." my mom says.

"What do you mean not there?" I ask nervously suddenly speeding up my truck.

"She...well...the living room is destroyed and Taylor is missing...honey get home fast.." she says. Oh my...no no no...this has to be a joke...my baby can't be missing.

"Okay mom. I'm on my way-don't touch anything okay??" I say loudly.

"Yes..okay hurry." I hear her say. I hang up the phone and speed down the road. I look for cops, as I am speeding...I know it's not good, but my girlfriend is missing! Something's not right! I get to the house and park my truck racing out of it. My mom comes rushing to me from the side yard.

"Oh honey!!" She yells hugging me.

"Mom...mom. Where's Violet?" I asked her.

"She's in the backyard swinging. I walked in and didn't want her to go in, so we have been in the backyard." She says with great nervousness. I nod. I race up to the front door and open it. My eyes widen. The wall had a hole punched into it, and the glass table is broken. I look closer at the table. There is blood. I run up to our room and check everywhere in the house. She's no here. Oh gosh!!

"Mom!" I yell. She comes rushing in.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Do you still have the cameras up in the house?" I ask looking at her nervously. She nods.

"Let's go look at them!!" I yell ushering her. I wasn't yelling at her meanly-my emotions are just all bundled up and she knows that. I follow my mom towards the office room. She gets on the computer and pulls up the window that shows 4 views of the house. I pointed at the top left view. She clicks on it. Okay mom, rewind backward about 1 hour. I tell her she nods and does just that.

"Okay ready?" She asks me. I nod. I am leaning over my moms sides resting my hand on the computer desk as she is in the chair. She clicks play. I am just now leaving to go to work. As I do, Taylor is in her room for a while, but then walks out. She goes to the door.

"There's a knock on the door?" I asked out loud. My mother nods.

"Maybe she thought it was you and Violet..." I say. We watch as Taylor opens the door slightly, and the door gets swung open. The people I see gets me so angry.

"I KNEW IT!" I yell loudly raising my hands putting them on the back of my head.

"Calm down sweetie we have to know what happens." She says assuringly. I walk back over to the computer. I watch as Taylor starts shaking in her place. I wasn't there to help her! I should've been there!! She backs up as her father walks towards her. Her mother locks the front door and follows her husband. It seems as though Violet slides down the wall super fast covering her head and sides...her sides, I guess because of what happened last time. Her father takes a swing at her. I hear my mom gasp. He misses her head barely...hitting the wall above her. His hand goes through the wall. He nails Taylor in the jaw. She instantly starts bleeding. My eyes start watering. She is curl in a ball crying. I could tell she was telling them to stop. He lifts her and chucks her at the table...like she's trash...the glass table breaks with the force he threw her at it. She scrunches her face, and tries squirming around, but stops. It looks like pieces of glass are in her skin. She reaches over to her right side, grabs a notepad and a pen. She writes something down then puts the notepad under her bottom rolling the pen away. My poor baby. I feel a tear run down my cheek. Her mom walks to Taylor while her father holds her steady. Taylor tries squirming to get out of his grasp. I can't tell what her mom is holding. I squint my eyes punching my head further to the screen. I then notice it's a needle...oh no..Taylor hates needles! Taylor just sits there as the needle pricks her skin. She opens her mouth wide. Just then, her father puts his hand over her mouth. She starts crying again.

"Oh my! This is terrible!" My mother shouts. I didn't notice how much I was crying until my mom turns to me.

"Oh honey!" She yells. I motion her back. I shake my head no towards her. I can feel all of my emotions building up.

"You couldn't have done anything." Mom says assuringly. I shake my head harder and clench my fists. I walk over to the wall, then away from the wall, and back and forth just pacing. I stop in front of the wall. I slam my fist into the wall. My hand makes a huge hole in the wall. I go to punch again until I hear my mothers voice.

"Honey! This won't help you get Taylor back." She says. I look at her. I inhale and exhale.

"Now listen. Taylor wrote something? Now didn't she?" She asks me. I nod. I run out of the room and race down the steps. I'm in the living room looking down at the broken table...there's the notepad...I pick it up reading it.

"Help! Far away-cold-dark"

Is what was written on the notepad in Taylor's handwriting.

"Mom! Think! What is far away and cold and dark??!!" I ask her yelling. We both think for a while.

"Honey...I don't know." She says. I frown sighing. I don't know what to do...I don't know where to look. There is a knock on the door. I walk over and open the door. Max is standing there.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT??" I yell. Max holds his hands in defense.

"Listen I'm here to help."

"What do you mean 'help'! Haven't you done enough HELP?!" I yell at him.

"Look. I know I'm in deep...I know what I did was wrong, but I saw something earlier today. I saw to adults-male and female-walk in here, and walk back out a few minutes later with Taylor in their arms..they went that way in their car..Taylor was drugged and asleep." He says quickly.

"Why are you trying to help?" I ask looking at him.

"Because I know it's the right thing to do." He says. I look at him and nod.

"Hey, but I think I have an idea of where they went."

"You do?!! Okay...the note said 'help! far away-cold-dark.'..."I say loudly. He nods.

"Their family used to take Kate, May, Sam, and her friends, Taylor and I to this old cabin on summer break. The cabin had a cold and dark basement...They took all of us and we went there a few times. I was the only guy, so I always looked out the window..." he says.

"So do you think that's where they are??! Do you think you could direct me there??" I yell getting nervous.

"Yeah, and it's worth a shot." He says. I run to my mom.

"I have to go mom. Bye!" I yell as I run to my truck.

"Be careful!!" My mom yells. I wave as an answer and start the truck. Max jumps in he passenger seat.

"How far away?" I ask.

"About 3 hours away..." he says.

"Ok...they left with Taylor about an hour ago. SHIT! We're an hour behind!!" I yell slamming my hands on the steering wheel.

"It's alright man. Focus on not getting pulled over, so we aren't behind even more." Max says. I nod. We pull onto the highway and I focus on not getting pulled over.