Her Rib..

James P.O.V

We were laughing so hard. I didn't even hear the thud. But I did hear Kate and Ann gasp, and I knew that wasn't good. I sat up so fast. Right after I sat up I heard Taylor cry in pain. I run after her. But she holds her hand up to stop us.

"Owwww" she says. I don't listen to her hand I run up to her and squat.

"How did you fall off of the bed?" I ask her.

"I didn't." She replied. How is that possible? She was on the bed, and now on the floor. She had to have fallen.

"Then how did you get here?" I ask her pointing towards the ground.

"I rolled" she says. Now why in the world would she roll off of the bed on purpose.

"Why?" I ask her.

"To stop laughing" she says.

"I thought we were having fun" I say laughing. She points to her rib and I realize that she rolled off the bed to stop laughing so her rib didn't hurt anymore. But it seems to me that she landed on her rib. Oh my gosh! That probably hurt so bad. I lift her body off the floor without touching her side to release the pain she was having. She instantly exhaled deeply. I carried her over to the bed and layed her down softly.

"Owwww. Ow. Owww" she says while rolling slightly back and forth on our bed. Like she's in so much pain she has to rock herself.

"What what? What's wrong?" I said worriedly. She lifts her shirt to make her rib visible. Her skin was pushed up swollen and had already started bruising.

"Oww..oww." I see her starting to cry. She never cries because of pain. Somethings really wrong. "H-h-hospital" she says quietly. I hear her and lift her up on '3' after counting 1 and 2. She yelps in pain when I lifted her. I told my mother I was headed to the hospital and rushed out the door. I heard May and Kate rushing after Taylor and I, but I didn't care. I had to get Taylor to the hospital. I jump in the truck with Taylor in my lap, just like last time. I see Kate and May both in the passenger seat. We drive off. I heard Taylor moaning in pain and lifting her shirt to look at it. I don't look at it. I have to get us safely to the hospital. But when she lifts her shirt I hear May and Kate gasp. I keep my eyes on the road.

"H-hurry James" I hear Taylor say. When I heard her say that I knew she was in a lot of pain and I had to speed up. I sped up. Next thing I knew I was getting out of the truck and running Taylor inside the hospital. Taylor was laying in the hospital bed.

"Sir, you have to wait out here" a nurse with gray hair told me.

"N-no. Let him come." I hear Taylor say. The nurse gives in and lets me go. I run up besides her hospital bed and grab her hand. She holds my hand back all the way through the hallway and into her room. She was squeezing my hand which meant she hurt. The doctor and came in basically saying that she needed surgery to stop hurting, and that they were going to remove the rib, and another one will start to form. But they had to do it now. Next thing I know, I'm kissing her upon the head and she's rolling out of the room and down the hallway into the 'Surgery' doors. I sit down and hold my head in my hands. Her side. It was...it was really bruised. Her bone was sticking through her side with blood around it. At the house it was swollen, but I guess on the way here the bone worked it's way out and through her skin. I shiver at the sight and hear the door open. It's May and Kate.

"Hi" they say walking in. I look at them.

"Hey." I say back.

"Instead of thinking about Taylor...Can you tell us how you guys ended up together?" Taylor said she didn't care if anyone knew about her secret right? Because they already casted it on the news.

"Have you guys watched the news?" I ask them.

"No." Kate says. May shakes her head no.

"Okay well. Basically Taylor was abused by her parents after her older sister Sam drowned in Hawaii. He parents hated her after that. Taylor was in a really rough patch until she ran into me...literally ran into me. We met and she got hurt...a lot, and she ended up having to tell me what happened, cause her hands were tied. So now we are here because before this, you guys know, we were at the hospital. Well, we were at the hospital because of her parents. Her parents hit her so hard-and they even threw a vase at her- that I found her on the sidewalk coughing up blood. That's why she WAS in the hospital. She ended up having 2 broken ribs on her right, and 3 fractured on her left. Then while we were in the hospital, her parents came back trying to steal Taylor and take her back home, luckily I was there, and I saved Taylor. Right before that, Taylor and I fell in love, and I asked her to be my girlfriend, and she said yes." I say taking a deep breath after that.

"Wow." Is all the manage to say.

"Look I know this is a lot, but the only reason she told me was because she had to. And I'm glad she had to. Also, her parents are all over the news and they haven't been found yet, which is creeping Taylor out. I also found out that when Taylor starts freaking out about her parents, she tends to have a panic attack. I'm the cure to her panic attack. She only calms down when I hug her tightly." I say. They sit down. I can tell Kate and May are still trying to comprehend everything, but I knew I had to tell them. We wait and wait for Taylor to come back. It feel like it has been 5 hours. But it's only been 2. I sigh deeply. I hope she's alright. Just when I was thinking that, the doctor walks in.