Feelings.

James backs away from his mother's hug.

"When did they you could start?" She asks him.

"Monday!" He exclaims.

"That's amazing honey!"

"I know! I'm excited to make some money!" He says loudly. I smile at them.

"What's all the yelling for?" Violet asks coming in the kitchen.

"Vi! I got a job!" He says running towards her.

"Oh."

"What? It's a good thing." James says looking confused at Violet.

"Good job Jamie." She says quietly.

"Vi what's wrong?" I ask her.

"Jamie...I'm not going to see you anymore." She says looking up at him. James looks at her then at me. I frown.

"Yes you will. I will see you every time I come home, and every time before I leave." He says assuringly. It doesn't work.

"Jamie! I won't see you as much anymore!!" She yells as she runs as fast as her little feet can take her, up the stairs.

"Vi!" James yells. He goes to run after her but I grab his arm. He stops and turns at me. I shake my head frowning.

"You want me to go?" I ask quietly. He nods and sits down at the kitchen table with Kim. I walk up the stairs slowly. I knock on Violet's door.

"Leave me alone Jamie!" She yells. I slowly open her door.

"It's not Jamie..." I say towards her. He turns her body towards me.

"Oh." She sits on the edge of her bed. I walk over and sit on her bed with her.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I ask her.

"No. I'm not going to see Jamie anymore." She says starting to cry. I run her back.

"Hey. You will see Jamie every morning and right after he comes home." I tell her.

"It's not the same. I won't be able to see him all the time." She says.

"Well maybe I can take you to visit him on his job? We could walk together." I say assuringly. She slightly smiles and looks up at me.

"Okay...but I'm still going to miss him." She says. I smile at her.

"Of course you will. He's your brother, but he needs money to take care of his family and to take care of himself. So he needs to get a job. And his job is just right down the street, so if he needs to come home really fast, then he can...alright?"

"Okay..." she says quietly.

"Now how about we go downstairs back to Jamie? He's sad that you aren't down there." I say raising my eyebrows at her.

"He is?" She asks with her eyes wide. I nod. She gets up and grabs my hand. We walk out of her room and down the stairs.

"Jamie?" She asks him. We hear shuffling then James is standing in front of us. Violet is still holding onto my hand.

"Yes Violet?"

"I-I'm sorry. I understand that you need a job..." she says quietly. He squats down to be at her level.

"I appreciate your apology... Violet, I know you're going to miss me, but I won't stop thinking about you for one minute." He says smiling putting his thumb on her cheek. She smiles.

"You mean it?" She asks.

"Yes." He says standing taking her with him. He is holding her in his arms.

"Okay." She says hugging him. He laughs and sets her down. She runs off. James looks at me with a Thank-you-so-much face expression. I nod at him and he takes me into a side hug. Today Friday...we have all weekend to get ready for his first day on his job. I'm happy for him. He walks over towards the fridge.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. He shuffles through all the food.

"Eating."

"Well...okay." I say.

"You want anything?" He asks.

"Uh, sure why not?" I ask him. He nods and grabs two pudding cups out of the fridge. He sets them on the table then grabs spoons. He walks over to a chair after getting the spoons.

"Ma lady." He says bowing with both spoons in his hand. I laugh and sit in the chair he was intending me to sit in. He hands me a spoon and takes the other spoon for himself and sits across from me instantly opening his pudding cup. We both eat our pudding cups and he finishes before me. He sits and we talk about school and such until I'm finished. You would think a pudding cup wouldn't take long to eat, but for me it does...

"Mr. Klang is so hilarious." He starts.

"And the way he caught you red handed with that note!" He says laughing at the memories.

"Oh yeah, what did that say?" I ask him. He laughs again.

"James! What did it say?"

"Well...uhhh...it said 'gotcha'" he says. I stare at him. I went through getting myself in trouble for a note that said 'gotcha'...

"R u kidding me?!"

"Uhh...no.." he says looking at me. I start laughing, and so does he.

"I can't believe I got in trouble for a note that said 'gotcha'" I say in between laughs.

"Yeah me neither." He says. There was a minute of silence.

"So are you excited for your first day of work??" I ask him excitedly. He nods.

"Yeah and a little nervous.." he says. I look at him.

"Don't be nervous. You will do just fine!! I bet you!" I say assuringly. He smiles and looks at me.

"Thanks Taylor." He says. I smile at his words and throw my trash away. We follow each other into the living room to watch some tv.

"Ohh!! Pretty Little Liars!!" I yell.

"NOO!" James yells back. I look at him and he looks at me. We then both look around the living room for the remote to the tv. When I find It in my sight I race after it. I guess James saw it too because he was racing me to it. I dive on the floor for the remote. I grab the remote quickly and I have it in my hands when James lifts me off the ground. He uses one hand to hold me, and with the other he is reaching for the remote. I squirm so he can't get the remote. He gets the remote and tugs on it a little. It slips out of my grasp and James has the remote. He sets me down as he holds the remote high into the air. I jump as I try to reach the remote. He is laughing at me while in the process. I give up trying to get the remote.

"Fine. You win. We watch what you want to." I say huffing.

"Yes!" He says pulling the remote down from the air.

"We are watching Ridiculousness!" He shouts.

"Oh lord...okay." I say laughing. I sit on the couch followed by James right after me. We sit and watch Ridiculousness for a while. We ended up having popcorn and snacks, and that was my dinner. We still sat and watched Ridiculousness laughing and eating when Violet comes down to join us. We change the channel to SpongeBob, as Ridiculousness isn't for kids. James and I still have fun even if it is SpongeBob. No matter what we watch, we have each other and that's all it takes.