Clue..

*1 week later, MONDAY

      James has been loving his job. I'm happy to see him happy. I can't have a job yet... Maybe soon. My birthday is in five months... Still far away. That means I have been living here for three months already wow. It feels as though I have only been living here for two weeks. I love living here.we just got back from school and James is getting ready for work. He walks over to me and kisses me on the cheek.

"Bye Taylor, love you" James says hugging me. I smile and nod.

"Love you too. Be careful." I say cautiously.

"I will, you too, okay?" He asks for verification. I nod. And simply watch him walk out of the bedroom. I sit on the bed thinking to myself. I'm home alone today. Just like yesterday. Kim took Violet to dance practice. I smile at the fact of Violet dancing. She's good at it. I then cover myself in the blankets and turn the Tv on. I'm watching 'Pretty Little Liars' when I think of the memory of when James and I were wrestling over the remote and he won-causing us to watch Ridiculousness- I laugh out loud. That day was fun. Just then I hear something downstairs. I decide to check it out. I pull the covers off of me and stand up out of the bed. I walk down the stairs. At this moment I'm not scared, I'm just curious to see who's at the door. There's a knocking on the door. I look towards the door. I noticed that James had locked it behind him as he walked out. Maybe Kim is already home with Violet and they forgot their home key. That seems very possible. I nod at myself and head towards the door to unlock it. I do, and as soon as I do, the door swings open. It opens so fast, and so hard, that I can't close it.

"Kim how did you-" I start, but my gasp swallowed my words. The people that were on the opposite side of the door now walk in. I can't help but step backwards as they come closer. I back up as far as I can until I hit into a wall with my back.

"I told you I'd be back." My fathers voice booms. I can't help but whimper in my place. He laughs at me while my mother slams the front door shut and locks it. She walks up to my father and stands by his side.

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask shaking. My entire body...I'm shaking, and James isn't here to help me.

"We found out where you were living, and waited until the people left, then we knew we had you to ourselves. It's a shame the Jacob...getting arrested and ..." he says suspiciously. Wait...did he just say Jacob?

"W-what are you talking about?" I ask nervously. They both laugh at me. My father doesn't take the time to answer my question. He slowly walks towards me as my mother watched him. He stands in front of me as he stares me in the face. I can tell he really wants to hit me. His face is red-filled with anger. It's been 3 months since the last time they beat me, so I'm really going to get it today. I slide down the wall as fast as I can pulling my hands up to cover my face-waiting for the hit I know was coming. I'm now on the floor curled in a ball and covering my face and sides as much as possible. I hear a loud bang. He punched the wall directly above me head and his arm went through the wall. I exhale loudly when he lifts his knee quickly, as he makes contact with my jaw. I instantly taste blood. He kicks my side. I'm laying on my right side-still curled in a ball. He lifts me up and chucks me at the glass coffee table. It breaks, and I fall into the table.

"Okay." My father says looking at me mother. My mother digs around in her pocket and grabs something out. It looks like something in a long package..oh! It's a needle!! I try squirming around but I'm laying on glass, and I'm pretty sure I have some glass in my back. I hope I don't...I don't want to have to go back to the hospital. I try squirming even more. I hate needles!!

"Leave me alone!!" I scream. My father laughs.

"Nope. We are taking you somewhere far away...dark and cold" he says. Dark and cold...DARK....and....COLD. What's dark and cold and far away? An old cabin? Basement?? Maybe...an abandon house? OH!! I know where they are taking me!! They are taking me to the cabin we used to go to when I was younger. It was about 3 hours away. The cabin had a basement...it was always cold and dark...I need to leave a clue...what shows cold and dark? My father turns to my mother helping her with the needle and the juice they are putting in it. It's probably a drug to make me pass out. I look around. I'm so lucky!! I landed on the table and to my right is a little notepad. I see a pen. I grab the little notepad and the pen. I pull the cap off of the pen with my teeth.

'Help! Far away-cold-dark' I wrote on the notepad sloppily. I quietly slide the notepad under my bottom...leaving it right where I landed. I roll the pen away from me as soon as my father turns around.

"Stop! Please!" I yell.

"No! I have waited 3 months!! You're going to really get it!!" He yells at me. I start crying.

"Why do you do this to me?!" I ask screaming.

"Is it because I look like Sam? Is that why?" I ask loudly.

"No. Sam was way prettier than you." My mother says madly. Wow..I can't believe they just skipped over the fact that this was the first time they said Sam's name since she died. I inhale deeply. My mother is walking over with the needle filled with juice. My father comes behind me and holds me still. I squirm anyways trying to get out of her grip. I scream and whimper not wanted the needle to get any closer.

"Oh stop being a baby!! There will be a lot worse than this later." He says smirking. My mother gets even closer with the needle. She pricks me with it in my thigh.

"AHHH!!!!" I scream high pitched as loud as I could...it wasn't very loud, considering my father covered my mouth. I could feel my tears rolling off of my cheeks and onto his hands. He let's go of my mouth.

"I love you James." I whisper. I hope they don't see the notepad. I feel myself get picked up and carried somewhere. My eyes are getting heavy. No..I have to stay awake...I can't fall asleep yet...I can't! I have to stay awake for James. I get set down in the back seat. My back hurts from the glass. My eyes slowly close. I can't help it...the last thing I remember is then car pulling away, and my eyes getting closer to being closed. Suddenly, my eyes shut.