First Day

MONDAY (week break from school)

It's Monday...James's first day of work. He has been very excited. I'm excited for him. He is now getting ready in the bathroom while I sit in the bed thinking about how my life has drastically changed. I went from a weak, broken girl, to a, strong, whole girl...James helped me...James fixed me. I'm not broken anymore. I'm not weak anymore. Mother was wrong...I'm not weak...and I'm not pathetic. Now thinking about it, I can't believe she tricked me into thinking that. I honestly can't believe how low I was..I didn't love myself...I was only waking up because I had to...and now? Now, I wake up because there's a real reason to. James-Violet-Kim...they are all my reasons to wake up in the morning. That's when James walked out of the bathroom. He fixes his 'uniform' and turns to look at me.

"How do I look?" He asks opening his arms wide open. I look at his Walgreens uniform and look at his face.

"Yeah. You look great." I say smiling.

"Thanks."

"What's wrong?" He asks. I look up at him.

"Oh nothing.." I shyly say as I look towards my feet.

"Taylor. What are you thinking about?" He asks. I look up at him, into his eyes.

"I just have been thinking about how my life was before-living with my parents-and now-living with you." I say.

"Oh."

"Yeah. I realized that my parents treated me badly and I believed everything they said about me. I believe that I was weak and pathetic...but now living with you? I feel like I'm the strongest person on the world...I feel as though I'm not pathetic...and most of all I feel that you're the reason I get up in the morning...when I was living with my parents, I only woke up in the morning, because I had to...but I actually have a real reason to wake up. That real reason is you." I say smiling. I feel proud about my little speech. James comes over and sits down on he bed besides me.

"I feel the same way." He says.

"I feel you're the reason I get up...that you are the reason of how I am now." He says looking me in the eyes. I smile and nod.

"And you're correct. Your parents were wrong about you. You are the most strong person I have every seen...and you are most certainly NOT pathetic." He states.

"Thanks James." I say smiling. He nods and stands up.

"You ready?" I ask him. He nods and we both walk out of his room. He hugs Violet and his mom.

"Well, I'm off." He says to them. They nod.

"HAVE FUN JAMIE!!" Violet yells as he walks out the door. He laughs and waves. We watch out of the window as he gets in his truck and drives off. We watch until we can't see his truck anymore. I bet he will have so much fun.

*2 hours later

Taylors phone screen*

JAMES❤️😘

(Me) Hey! How's it going babe?

Good! I'm having a lot of fun! I love this job. (James)

(Me) That's great! I'm so proud of you!

Thanks. I love you Taylor. (James)

(Me) I love you too babe.

😊😏 (James)

(Me) What was that emoji for?

This one..😏 (James)

(Me) Yeah that one.😂

Oh..just an emoji. (James)

(Me) No...you did that emoji because your ego is too big, and because I said 'I love you too' back...didn't you?😌

Nuh uh. (James)

(Me) Yeah huh.

😋😍😘 you're sooo beautiful. (James)

(Me) I know.😉🙃 you better get back to work!

Oops..you're right. Ttyl babe. Love you!😘(James)

(Me) Love you too.😘
Read message by- James❤️😘

*END OF TAYLOR'S PHONE SCREEN

I smile at my phone. He is so sweet. I really hope he likes his job...even though he says he does, it doesn't mean he actually does. I'm sure he does like it though. He likes a lot of things.

"Taylor." I hear Violet say. I turn my body towards her.

"What's up Violet?" I ask her.

"What if we make something for Jamie when he comes back home." She suggests. I smile. She is so smart.

"Sure. Let's make him something that says 'congrats!' Or 'welcome home-again!'...what do you think?" I ask her.

"How about both?" She asks. I nod.

"Okay." We start making some posters and blow up balloons. I walk out toward the mail box after I blew up a balloon and tied it to the mail box. Violet got done making a poster that said, 'congrats'' on it. I taped it on the front door, so it would be the first thing he sees when he walks up to the door. Next I hung up a poster that said, 'WELCOME HOME-again..". I hung it in the center of the living room. Just then we both heard a car door.

"Hurry!" I whisper shout. Kim, Violet, and I all stand in a line with our arms wrapped around each other waiting for James to walk in and see our surprise. We hear and see the door knob move in its place. Just then the door opens.

"Welcome home Jamie!" We all say in sync. He smiles as he walks in. Violet runs into his arms and he picks her up. He hugs her, Kim, then walks to me. We hug and he looks at the posters.

"Thank you guys." He says smiling.

"IT WAS MY IDEA!!" Violet yells loudly with her arm raised high. James and I laugh as Kim tries to calm Violet down.

"Thank you Violet." James says towards her.

"How was your first day?" I ask him excitedly. He smiles.

"It was great. Everyone was nice, the manager was really cool, and I liked it." He says looking at me. I nod.

"Good. I'm glad you liked it James." I say hugging him. He hugs me back.

"Well. I work the rest of the week after school, and then so on." He says. I smile and nod.

"That's great."

"I know I'm so excited." He says.

"I'm glad you are." I say smiling big at him. He looks down at me and smiles at me. Kim, Violet, James and I all talk for a little while until it's time to go to bed.