Welcome Home

"AHHHHHHH" I scream. Jumping in my hospital bed. I hear monitors beeping like crazy, and I'm crying. I look at my pillow and it was soaked. Just then I realize that James is hugging me tightly. As I look at him I feel my breathing start to clam down and relax. My breathing got back to normal just as the doctors rush in. My doctor looks at the monitors.

"Bad dream?" He asks as if he knew what it was. I nod. I nod because my ribs are hurting from all the heavy breathing. My doctor nods and walks out of the room. I sit up and look around the room. I'm still crying and I know James sees me crying. He just looks at me a turns my head towards him. He looks at my face like he's examining it. I look at him confused.

"Are you okay?" James asks me.

"Yes." I say crying again.

"It's okay Taylor." He says as he hugs me. I hug him back this time putting my arms around his neck and my head resting on his shoulder. He has his arms around my waist. We just sit there on the hospital bed holding each other. I cry on his shirt. He rubs my back with one hand and holds me with his other. I lift my head and look at James. I look at his lips then back at his eyes. When I look at his eyes, he is looking at my lips. He then decides to lean in and kiss me. This kiss is different. For the first time since Sam died, I feel safe. I feel as if the world just stopped and it's just James and I. We stop the kiss and rest our heads on each other's foreheads.

"Taylor. I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you anymore." He says pulling his head back and looking me in the eyes. I look back at him and just stare at him. He's perfect. The dimples he gets when he smiles, and the way his hair just naturally lays upon his head, and the way his eyes fill with love when he looks at me.

"What?" James asks.

"Nothing. I was just admiring my boyfriend. You okay with that?" I ask smirking at him.

"Well of course I am. I don't blame you. I mean I am pretty good looking." He says smirking at me. I just look at him and smile.

"And I know you will protect me" I say. James smiles.

"But I didn't have a dream about my da-father or mother." I said.

"Then what did you have a dream about?" He asks me.

"I had a dream about when my sister died in front of me. It was all my fault. We were racing each other to the shore, and I past her up not even knowing that when I passed her up, she was drowning. I guess she went to dive down into the water to get a faster start, but she hit her head on a rock-and she-well-" I say trying to find the words at the end, while I'm crying.

"It's not your fault." James says.

"I could've saved her though James. She died because of me. And now I'm alone." I say crying.

"She didn't die because of you. She died because it was her time to go." He says. "And Taylor? You're not alone. You have me." He says the last part while holding his arms out wide. I lean into his arms and hug him. I put my head on his chest as he hugs me. I can hear his heart beat. I pull away from the hug and lay back down. He moves over and lays down besides me. We both fall asleep in each other's arms.

*two weeks later

"Well Taylor. Today's the day you can go home." My doctor says. I'm happy that I can go home, because I will be with James, but It also kinda sucks, because I have to depend on James 24/7 to take care of me. I like to take care of myself. But he is really sweet with making sure I'm okay, and that I don't hurt.

"Yes. Thank you doctor." I say looking up at him. James smiles at me and helps me walk to the bathroom. I change into new clothes, and have James help me to his truck. I can't wait to see May and Kate. They probably miss me so much. They are going to visit me later today. James and I head to his house. We get out of his truck as he helps me on to his porch. He opens the door, and inside was a huge banner that said 'Welcome Home Taylor' his family was all around it. My mouth falls open and I look at James.

"Did you know about this?" He nods his head while he is smirking at me.

"I hate you." I say.

"I don't think thats true" he said while his mother and little sister laughs at his comeback.

"Well. Welcome home!!" James yells as he hugs me. He hugs me as he lifts me in the air and spins around. I laugh at his strange attitude, and he sets me down. I walked into the house and met his family for the first time. At this exact moment. I knew I was home.