Ch. 5 Mama Savage and Her Cubs

~~~

Kayli's POV

Location: Dontavion's Playhouse

Date: 2 years, and 7 months after The Kidnappings

~~~

"The boots are too tight." I hear my favorite little blonde rasp from her place on her very large bed.

I smirk and look over at her before sniggering quietly.

LPP is wearing a pink rubber tube dress and 'funktastic' plastic boots along with an irritated expression as she stares up at the boots.

She's splayed out on her back, feet up toward the ceiling and head over the side of the bed. She slowly lowers one leg down to the floor, curling her lower body over her head and then the other leg down in a fantastic display of flexibility.

Len had told her to make sure she could stretch in the dress and so LPP is bending in some of the most obscene and hilarious poses I've seen to date.

"We could stick them in hot water and stretch them?" Rhonda suggests as she teases the bangs on a huge pink wig set up on LPP's vanity. "Or we could set them on fire."

I roll my eyes from my position on the floor.

LPP looks at the boots and for a second, I'd have bet Roman's left nut that she was going to agree with Rhonda's second suggestion.

"No. Dontavion picked them especially for tonight." LPP sighs and sits down in front of Rhonda, and Rhonda takes on the arduous process of pinning down the wig on LPP's head.

Rhonda looks over at me and I frown at the worry and fear for our friend stirring in her eyes. I know those emotions well, but Rhonda doesn't understand the lengths LPP will go to make Leninora's plan a reality.

Rhonda's been with us for over half a year, and she's worked our way into our hearts in that time. She can be a little blunt, and her choice of clothes can be a little -ahem- revealing... but she's got a heart of gold and a passion for teaching.

That's how we got her here, in the Playhouse. LPP had torn through at least a baker's dozen tutors and Leninora had run out of relevant things to teach her. Dontavion was targeting Rhonda anyways, so it was a simple maneuver to have LPP suddenly need a new tutor with a concentration in bombs and complex techie-shit.

It took work on LPP's end, but eventually Rhonda was handed down to Leninora's care and consequently into our protection.

She flows well between us, but I think she's still having a hard time swallowing LPP's role in our group. I've even caught her trying to sway LPP into just running off, but nothing we say can change LPP's mind on seeing this whole thing through. Lordy knows I've tried.

~~~

I shrug to convey that I'm not going to interfere in whatever LPP's got going on, and drop Rhonda's gaze.

LPP doesn't see our exchange. "We don't need any more trouble right now. Dontavion's been more aggressive lately, and he did just give into my demands for the kids. "

I smile sadly and I see Rhonda's frown darken. Rhonda doesn't agree with the way LPP gets her way with Dontavion, but it is the most effective way, and anything else would have seen her dead a long time ago.

I contemplate suggesting to Rhonda that she share her concerns with us, so we can lay her doubts to rest, as I watch her poke and prod at LPP's wig-covered head but decide against it.