Ch. 37 Nathan

A.N.: I would love to dedicate this chapter to the lovely JadeQueen100, because I love the covers you made for me. Thank you so much, they are gorgeous! 

~~~

Sang's POV

Location: Bureau of Investigation, Sacramento 

Date: November 1st

~~~

The harder I try to force myself back into my own body, the more difficult it is to keep myself conscious of what's going on around me.

I black-out in between moments of clarity, unable to keep track of the passing of time. 

Voices are a haze around my ears, and while some of the them are familiar, the rest are strange and unrecognizable.

A blink of time passes, and I rise to the surface. 

Fear bubbles up, strong and powerful. I start to remember what happened and panic: about Dontavion, and the drugs, and the fear of what he's done to me.
It seizes me so hard and fast that I fall again into the abyss. The next time I nearly wake, my body is overtaken with a shaking fever.
Something is wrong. I can't control the jolting shivers wracking my body. I don't know what's going on, and while I try to make sense of the warring senses of too much warmth and not enough warmth, I fall again. 

This cycle of waking to just the precipice of consciousness and then free-falling into the chasm of motionless in-cognizance breaks as my world starts to warm again.
It gets warmer, and warmer until I'm comfortable and toasty.
The shaking subsides slowly, and I fall into a gentler type of sleeping state. 

Time passes, and I start to become aware of the motion of liquid falling around me.
It's calming, rather than being irritating and I realize it's because I'm leaned against someone as they take the brunt of the spray from the shower of water.
The sounds of the world come to me next. The hiss and hum of the world is the worst, and I almost want to slide back into the realm of sleep just to escape the echoing of the water hitting the linoleum underneath us. 

My eyes blink open, because I do realize it is an 'us' here in this room. The world is blurry, and steamy.
The feel of a heartbeat under my ear is rhythmic and calming. The scent of cleaner is thick as I take a deep breath in, but it's masked under the heaviness of the thick steam around us.
Arms are wrapped around me, warm and steady. Humming reaches my ear as I'm rocked side to side.

We're in a gym locker room, with the walls around me made of industrial slabs of cement.
The arms around me are sinewy and the dark hair along them sways from the stream of water sluicing downward.

Strands of warm chocolate hair trails over my shoulder, and down my chest, mixing with my blonde locks and confusing me until I lean to the side to look up at who's got me. 

Turquoise eyes, almond-shaped and framed by eyelashes nearly a mile long, smile down at me, and I start to sob in shock. Roman. I'd forgotten all about Roman.

"Hey, slugger." Roman squeezes me. "This is some type of conjugate visit you're treating me to. Little more tears than I was expecting, to be honest." 

I don't know what that means, but I'm happy he's here. I've missed him. I wrap my arms around him and just hold onto him for a second.
Roman is like a piece of me, but instead of a shard of my sharp mirrored darkness, he's like a soft fuzzy part with a molten brightness at the piece's core.