Ch. 7 Hoarders, Hospitals, and Ancient Script

~~~

Sean's POV

Location: NYSDOC, Queensboro Correctional Facility, NY

Date: 3 Years after The Kidnappings

~~~

"Who is Dontavion Mav?" Luke breaks the silence and asks the million-dollar question.

Axel sighs quietly and shakes his head. "We can't talk about it here."

North really doesn't like that answer, if the expression on his face is any indication... I've missed his face.

"The fuck do you mean 'We can't talk about it here'? You started this whole conversation, now finish it. Where the fuck do we go to find this Dontavion? Where is Sang?" North is practically booming the words as loud as he can and of course a security guard peeks in.

"You all need to leave," Mr. Security Guard says. Behind him the Morgans are glaring into the room. "This isn't a conference room. Victor Morgan has been released, so you all are free and urged to go now."

We all agree quickly and we put the chairs back where they go in silence as the guard stares us down.

North is only going to get louder, and it looks like the shock on Owen, Kota, and Nathan's face is giving way to rage...This isn't going to be a quiet conversation by any means.

Even Silas is drying his tears and looking at Axel like he might throttle the answers out of him.

"Mr. Morgan, you'll be coming with us, I presume?" Oh Owen...here we go....

Victor flushes red and shakes his head vehemently. "You presume wrong. I don't want anything to do with you or the Academy."

Kota smiles gently but he can't hide that glint in his eye as he claps a hand on Victors shoulder. "So you'll be coming with us?"

Victor looks him in the eye and his jaw clenches... "No, Kota. I'm not going with any of you." He shrugs off Kota's hand, and Luke opens his mouth. 

Victor looks a little less angry at him than anyone else but yet he still cuts him off too, "Not even you and Gabriel, Luke. I can't do this with you all." He looks at Axel and I see a conversation that lasts a second pass between them.

Victor squares his shoulders and meets our collective gaze, "I'm joining the Toma team and a few other people in the search for the victims of The Kidnappings. If you'd like to learn more, you can follow us to this address." Marc hurriedly pulls out a bunch of business cards and passes them around.

"If not, you can go home. Owen, North, Kota, Gabe and Nathan; if you want any part of this mission I expect you to keep your distance from me," Victor says forcefully. "You haven't shown any interest in me all this time, don't try and force yourselves to now."

  Victor gives us all one last look, before walking out with the Toma team.  

Despite Victor's words and even his strong and steady tone, his eyes held vulnerability. We all let him down, and it's hurt him deeply. 

Sang's disappearance had affected all of us in very different ways, and we've all had our own ways of coping with that grief.

The thought takes me back, to that fateful day. The beginning of the end.

~~~

Three Years Ago

~~~