Ch. 30 Disgruntled Disagreement

(^Another Leninora inspiration pic ♡)

~~~
Kayli's POV

Location: En route to the Lockheart Estate
Date: October

~~~
The situation devolved in the jet about two hours into our journey home.

Everything was fine at first. Some of the guys fell asleep, and others held hushed conversations among themselves. It was pretty calm. Sean Green and Sonny spoke the most, as Sean babbled about his girlfriend, Sang, and the story of how they met and her eventual death.

I'd stationed myself next to Maria, and curled myself around her. She's asleep, deeply I think, and it's wonderful to see her sleeping so soundly. Like Cyan, Maria has horrible night terrors. They're bad enough that she wakes up in hysterics sometimes. I can only imagine what she experienced to give her such terrifying nightmares, or the horrifying things she's been through that she relives in her dreaming state.

I've witnessed some, but I know it's not even the tip of the iceberg of what she's endured during her time with the Mavs.

I was just drifting to sleep, when the fighting started.

I'm not sure what started it. It could have been a look, or a snide comment made under someone's breath but damn if it didn't get out of hand quick.

Sonny leaped in to try and stop them from beating each other up too badly, but that didn't stop them from yelling at one another.

One thing is for sure, these guys must really hate each other.

"You couldn't hold on to her for a few more minutes?" One of the younger men blasts at the guy who'd held Cy earlier. While clearly one of the youngest, he has the most cutting appearance; his eyes hold an amber fire, and the short curly brown hair on his head emphasizes his sharp features. "We were almost in the air!" He jerks himself, trying to escape the arms of the auburn-haired guy with the huge biceps.

"At least I had her! What did you do to help?" The pink-haired young man shouts angrily.

"I didn't even get a chance, you just grabbed her and ran off!" The other one barks back.

"She would have ran off again anyways," Rhonda tries to cut in, but another voice blasts off above hers and she drops back into her seat with an eye roll. She and I share a dismayed look. These guys are taking this way too seriously.

Now that I've had a chance to really sit down and let the adrenaline mellow out, I've come to the same conclusion as Ronnie. It was only a matter of time before Cy ran off. She's been caged for so long, and she was so happy during our escape to the coast.

In comparison, she had been so tense during our trip to the airport and even at the Lockheart manor. She'd held herself together during our little mission, but I think that was more because she was looking for a fight.

Seeing Rodney and the Mav sisters so soon wasn't good for her. Her callous attack on Rodney made that pretty clear. God knows what she had to do to get ahold of Britania to cut off her head.

She still needs more time. Time to cope with everything. I shouldn't have pushed her so hard to leave the sanctuary we found on our coastal hideaway. It was too soon for her, and it was only a matter of time before she split. Better sooner rather than when we really need her. Hopefully Leninora can help her come to terms with everything.

A particularly harsh sound leaves the mouth of the pink-haired guy at something another one of the younger crowd says. I tune back into their little spat.