Ch. 45 Intense

A.N. There is a two week time lapse from the last chapter. I tried to keep it small, and I even tried to write the Kay'ari scene with her guys, showing her with the guys when Cyan walked in on all of them eating with her in the guest room but it just didn't want to be written. We will see them interact in this chapter though! Let me know what you think.

Love, Timmy. 

~~~

Kay'ari's/Kayli's POV
Location: Lockheart Estate
Date: November 18th 
~~~

A day turns into a few days.

A few days turns into a week. 

A week turns two.

~~~

The captives with nowhere else to go find themselves on the Lockheart Estates. They come in waves from the hospital. Cyan and Leninora set up a counseling services, community sign-up sheet for jobs around the Estate and so much more that I'm not even sure how they keep up with all the people and all the responsibilities. 

I work on helping everyone get set up in rooms and in some cases homes. I look after the kids. I start my work at the security office.

The men, the Toma team and the few odd others from 'the Academy,' never leave.

Everyone on the Estate gets into a rhythm of sorts.

Most of the guys, the Acadamy guys, spend their mornings' chopping wood for the communal house fireplaces.
The weather in California isn't like Nevada or anywhere I've ever been. It gets cold here, especially in the mornings and so they make sure the fires run through the day and into the night.

North Taylor makes dinner for the community. Marc of the Toma team makes lunch and the first coffee set-up of the day. Leninora, of all the freaking people on the Estate, makes breakfast.

Silas Korba, Axel Toma, and Victor Morgan work with Doyle, Corey and my brother Wil to iron down our little security problems, along with the help of Cyan, or instead Sang, as she allows the men to call her now.
I'm not sure when it started, but the easy way her old friends refer to her as such is catching.

Speaking of my favorite young comrade in arms, as the days grow colder she becomes less and less...present.

At first, she'd disappear for a few hours, but she'd eventually return to join in on the day's group meetings and relay information about her part in the security measures, and on her search for Tommy.

Now, she's around for a bit in the mornings to help Len cook. Sometimes she'll pop in for lunch; occasionally she'll slip in for dinner. She'll ask about the kids and then inquire about news on the doctor, Sean Green, and about North's brother, Lucian Taylor. She'll remark on the largeness of the Estate, and how it's coming along on. Once in a blue moon, she'll share information about Roman's court case.

I have to wonder if she's getting close to finding Tommy because the last few days I haven't actually seen or heard from her. Information comes far and few between from her own lips as it is, but her absence has been especially notable lately. Leninora's become the go-between, but I do note that anything on Tommy is an immediate priority and is always as thoroughly described as possible.

I don't know where Cyan goes, and she doesn't offer a location when I ask. Leninora promises me she's safe but refuses to disclose much more than that. Strangely enough, it bothers me less than it seems to bother North and Victor. Both ask about Cy every day and wilt when she disappears to her solitude without a word.