Ch. 16 Boots Made for Walking

~~~

Victor's POV

Location: Here and There

Date: Between August and October

~~~

It took us all of 3 days to come into the reality that Sang and Kayli were gone without a trace. 

Corey, Doyle and I had gone down to the internet café and gotten a whole new set of equipment and Axel found us somewhere to set up a new headquarters.

All the guys met us at the abandoned shack, and we all settled in, watching hundreds of video feeds from traffic cams. 

I don't think any one of us spoke to another during that whole 72 hour period. 

It was silent, except for the sound of microwavable food being cooked every once in a while.

With the car literally disappearing into thin air, we could only guess to which direction they might have gone in.  

After the first day, we had to expand on our first assumption, as nothing came up. 

The second day, we had to go even further and just run a facial recognition program and license plate read on any camera within a 500 mile radius. 

The third day came and went and it became clear. They were gone. 

The most frustrating part of losing the girls was the fighting that followed.

We all argued on what our next plan to find the girls should be, but no one could agree on the next course of action. 

It was like a never ending fight, with every person involved threatening at one point or another that they were going to find them, on their own.

For some, like Gabe and Nathan, it took them a few hours to realize going out alone just wasn't going to work. Others, like Kota and Raven, they came back days later, dejected and distant.

It was Mr. Blackbourne that finally came up with an alternative plan, and due to Leninora's lack of popularity among the teams, there wasn't a single objection in sight when we did a vote.

We decided to go after the devil herself.

It took us less than a week to find the location of Leninora's hideout. It took us even less time to survey her life and make the necessary connections to do what we needed to do.

Looking back, we probably should have been more suspicious about how easy it was to track her down, but with tensions so high, it seemed like just another thing to argue about.

Despite it being too easy a mission, we moved in.

Team one took down the security.

Team two took out the camera's.

Team three broke down the doors, and team four took down Leninora.

We all converged into Leninora's safe house, knowing it would take more than a few of us to bring her down.

And that is how we found ourselves locked inside the devils lair.

~~~

"What do you mean the doors won't open?" Sean shouts, as Gabe runs into the basement.

We'd decided that we'd do all our interrogating inside Leninora's hideout. It was perfect, her mother and grandmother had no idea where she was and with the security guys paid off, we were all alone with the demon known as Leninora.