Ch. 15 Locklin Point

~~~

Cyan/Sang's POV

Location: California Coast, Locklin Safehouse

Date: The weeks following The Escape

~~~

When Leninora told us the safe houses were secluded, I had been grateful that we'd be away from prying eyes.

That opinion changed when we learned that Leninora's definition for secluded was a little different than our own.

For us, secluded is a mile or two off the road...secluded is not having neighbors near by.

Leninora's definition for secluded is being in the middle of nowhere. Literally. That's where the coordinates took us.

We'd driven out of Nevada quickly, and headed straight for California, the Golden State. 

We used up a lot of the money Len had left for us in the backpack on gas and due to that we mostly just slept in the car at rest stops and public camping areas; we weren't willing to sacrifice needed funds on cheap, dangerous motels.

When we finally got into the state, tension started to mount. 

We traveled for hours, deeper and deeper into the mountains, farther and farther away from civilization.

At one point Kay'ari pulled over and we had to have a serious conversation about turning back and grabbing supplies, such as groceries, gasoline for the car, and anything that we thought at the time that we may need.

It was a good decision on our part, because if we hadn't, we'd have starved, froze, and died not long after reaching our destination.

After we backtracked to the nearest big box store, we traveled 5 hours into the wilderness only to find out the 'safehouse' we were sent to would be another 5 hours down a backpacking trail.

The path we found marked 'Locklen Trail' to 'Nora Point' wasn't big enough for the truck, so we hid it off the road in a clearing that we were sure at the time was made exactly for that purpose.

It wasn't.

Our truck was towed.

Luckily, we'd taken a bunch of our supplies with us, including a bunch of food and some of the necessities like water and a tent.

We also took the files and emergency phone Leninora had left for us, not because we thought we'd need them, but because I forgot to put them back. Thank goodness I did, because it gave me something to do during the weeks that followed.

During our hike, we'd been sure we'd look off to the side and find a hidden cabin or something, but it never came. What we found instead was a cliff that showed a gorgeous view of a beach, and the ocean. Not a safe house in sight.

Sure that we'd missed it, we spent the next week scouting out for it. During that time, someone came and collected the car we'd parked illegally, and we had to stay in the tent. We ate through the food we'd brought with us, and we had to ration the water carefully as neither of us were sure about how to collect more.

We had no idea what to do about anything really, but we weren't all that worried at first. We figured that the safe house would have plenty of food, and more supplies. When we found the safe house, we'd regroup and figure out a plan to find the car. After we found the car, we'd find a good place for it, then hang tight at the safe house, and wait for word from Len or whoever else.