Ch. 36 Subdued and Caliginous

This update is completely unedited and not that great, but at least it's an update?

Enjoy, Vote, Comment,

Love, Timmy

~~~

Kay'ari's POV

Location: Bureau of Investigation, Sacramento

Date: November 1st

~~~

I didn't expect my arrest to be as...quiet as it was. 

The officers who picked me up barely even looked at me as they read my rights, and they said even less when they handcuffed me and shoved me into their squad car. From the moment handcuffs were placed on me, and all the way to being dragged into the back door of a large brick building, the officers accompanying my arrest said next to nothing to me, only acknowledging me when they needed to.

I'm promptly taken to an empty room, what I imagine is some type of interrogation room, but without a table or any chairs. It more closely resembles a line-up room, seeing as it's got a whole wall of glass alongside one wall, and tape down the length of the floor.

The cops shove me in, and I hear the lock click from the outside. I stare at the door for a long moment, before I realize they're not coming back; probably not for a while. I sigh, and lean back against the wall to wait out whatever the fuck is going on.

Eventually, I slid down to my butt and start to work on freeing myself from the handcuffs. Something in my gut is telling me this situation isn't normal. I should be on edge, but the fogginess in my mind and the pain throughout my body is dulling any real instincts I might have otherwise.

Instead of getting up when I'm done with getting the handcuffs off, I wait. It's been such a long day. I need some rest, and now is as good a time as any. I lean my head back against the wall, close my eyes and fall into a sleeping state.

I don't dream, nor do I get nightmares. I snooze hard.....until I'm not snoozing.

I jerk awake as hands wrap around my neck and squeeze. For half of a second, I think I might be having a nightmare. The feeling of choking is reminiscent of a few bad experiences I've lived through, but as I struggle to breath, I realize what I'm experiencing is happening. For real.

I try to shout, and I grab at the tight grip restricting my airflow but it's useless. The power of the person in front of me is too much and I gasp as I struggle to pull in air.

My eyes flutter open. I grasp at the hands around my neck and stare into sharp violet eyes.

Shock jolts through my body. Fucking fuck.

Dontavion looks down at me, with a vicious gleam in his eyes. He smirks at me when he sees that he's got my attention, and presses down harder against my throat.

"I wanted my little pink pearl to watch you die, but I suppose I can live with her finding your dead body." He sneers at me. I claw at his hands, and with a hiss he grips my throat harder and slams my head against the wall.

I groan at the pain but the sound is merely a whisper of air as Dontavion adds pressure over my larynx.

Vaguely, I wonder if this is how Cy lost her voice, and that just pisses me off. Fuck this guy. I've gotten my ass handed to me once already today. I'll be damned if Dontavion Fucking Mav is going to be the one to finish the job.

I put everything I have into throwing my leg up and curling it around the asshole's neck. It surprises him, and I'm able to maneuver myself out from under him while also tightening that leg to keep him from freeing himself.