Ch. 25 Wine Bag

~~~

Leninora's POV

Location: Diana Tower

Date: October

~~~

All I wanted was some freaking wine.

"It was an accounting error," I grimace, "I swear it wasn't my fault."

"You are so full of shit," Sherry growls at me, her shiny red nail polish gleaming almost as nicely as the gun in her hand.

You would think that as often as I piss people off, having a gun shoved in my face would be more familiar.

"There is no way someone just 'accidentally' forgets to pay out 40 grand to a college. An accounting error doesn't happen month after month, you selfish bitch! You thought I'd just let it go, didn't you? You thought Sherry 'The Step-Stool Secretary' would just watch over your assets like a good little employee while you ran off doing who-knows-what?"

Sherry, as you can probably tell by her evil-henchman monologue, is the one who I left to handle all of my money and houses and businesses. In exchange, I'd promised to pay for her college education, along with an apartment near the school for her and her little monster child to stay in.

Apparently, when I disappeared the banks refused to release the few grand per semester that she needed for school, and the apartment I swear I paid a few years for denied getting any money.

So, instead of dealing with the situation in a rational manner, like contacting some lawyers and dealing with it in court, Sherry did some under-the-table deals with some shady folk to pay for her shit. Using my property.

"Can we just talk about this?," I smile, and try to look appeasing but from the look on her face it doesn't come out quite the way I meant it to. I shuffle to the side as one of the chef's in the kitchen tries to squeeze by me. The soup he's carrying out looks like barf in a bowl.

I don't know where the fuck Pierre is, but he would never have allowed a soup like that to be served in this restaurant.

I stand with my back to the wall, mere steps away from the box wine I'd been targeting earlier, before Sherry had surprised me. The waitress that had been taking care of me on the floor had refused to serve me the wine from the box and instead of freaking out on her I'd decided to go get it myself.

This is why I don't tip.

"Cut the shit, Leninora. If you're here for your money back, you've got another thing coming. You promised that you'd take care of me if I watched over your shit and you just ran off without a backward glance. You were involved with The Kidnappings!" Her judge-y expression irks me. "I had to do something to survive. I have kids, a family."

"I'm just here for some wine." I inform her. Honestly, that's really all I wanted. Some fucking wine. I had no idea crazy Sherry was a regular here.

"You know what," Her hand readjusts on the gun, her pointer finger twitching on the trigger, "I don't care what brought you here. There's a reward if I turn you in to the police. I hear there's an even bigger one if I turn you over to one of the Mav's."

My concentration zero's in on that little detail and irritation bubbles up my throat. "Let's talk about that for a moment. When the fuck did you meet one of the Mav's and what the fuck possessed you to sell off my property to them?"

Sherry smirks at me, and her one tooth peaks out at me when it gets stuck on her dry lips. That had always both bothered and fascinated me, her little over-bite. She still hasn't gotten it fixed, even with all the money at her disposal. All of my money.