Ch.38 Dakota and The Doctor

~~~

Sang/Cyan's POV

Location: Bureau of Investigation, Sacramento

Date: November 1st

~~~

Nathan left me soon after he introduced himself. While he didn't apologize; for tossing Roman around, or for talking over me, or for being just downright rude; he did give me the bag of fast food I wanted. He even got me a delicious strawberry milkshake. On his way out of the long rectangular-shaped room, with it's cold tile floors and boring cement walls, he left me with a promise to not return until he'd found me a toothbrush and some toothpaste.

Leninora, who was still invisible, ghosted out of the locker room not long after him, with the intention of having someone named North cut off my boots from her feet. 

I've never heard of this 'North' but I hope he knows how much she loves knives. I had half a heart to follow her out, but the walk down the long aisles of the room I'm perched in seems treacherous to me in my current state. The floor looks perilously cold, and the bolted down metal benches along the lockers look like they might be even colder. 

I'm not really feeling in the mood for cold floors and cold seats. Not to mention, I'm feeling a little prickly about my shoes being destroyed.

Instead of getting angry though, I suck the strawberry goodness from the straw of the paper cup in my hand and let it go. There's no reason I should hold on to more heavy emotions today. What's done is done. 

It's a little while longer before Roman makes his way back to me from where ever he went, with socks and shoes for me to wear. While he regales me with tales of his stint in prison, I nibble on the burger, curly fires, and chicken nuggets. He stays with me as long as he can, describing the inside of his little cell in jail, and the way people patted his back for all that he did for the kidnapped victims, while he straddles a metal bench and I make myself comfortable inside a basin of one of the sinks against the far back wall.

Eventually though, a pair of uniformed officers comes to collect him, and with a tearful hug and a kiss on my cheek, Roman is marched out of the room through the emergency exit door hidden behind a row of lockers, rather than through the front locker room doors.

Alone, I sip on a strawberry milkshake, and stare at the walls as I wait for someone to come and collect me.

My emotions sway from numb to pissed, almost like a pendulum. I look around, and finally spot a clock above me, to time my swaying emotions. 

I'm on my third mood swing, noting that I'm not actually on a pattern of time but rather my moods depend on what I'm thinking of, when two people breeze through the door of the room and park themselves in front of me with resolute faces.

We stare at one another for a long moment.

Earlier before, I had decided not to put on my socks and shoes just yet, not until we absolutely are sure it's time to leave, so they're in the next sink over. I analyze both of the young men, noting how pretty they both are. And familiar. They're the guys from the building, the one's that almost got sold away. The one's that say they know me.

One has warm brown hair, and glasses. I can see just barely see expressive eyes through the glare on the glass. He's wearing a light grey sweater, and for some reason, whether I'm bored or just a little bold because I'm wearing no shoes and I'm full, I decide I want it. His sweater. Before this guy leaves this room, I'm going to be the proud new owner of his nice, woven cotton sweater.