Ch. 39 Lucian and North Taylor

~~~

Sang's POV
Location: En route to Lockheart Estate

Date: November 1st

~~~

I never did get a chance to ask Kota for his jacket. One minute I was in the locker room, and the next we were storming out.

We left the Sacramento Bureau of Investigation at a near breakneck speed, escaping the building before we got bogged down with 'required' paperwork, or more questions.

Despite Leninora's comments about me leaving like an 'angry wasp,' there wasn't actually any time for posturing during our swift exit march.

Leninora kept a firm grip on me, nearly frog-marching me through the building, and with the large group of men we rescued from the day before taking position around me, I was surrounded by bodies as we strode out.

There was a crush of sound when we made it outside, and the loud demanding questions from the reporters blared around us.

To my annoyance, I found myself constantly hidden and jostled out from view by at least one of the men escorting me. While I was partly grateful for the cover, it kept me from seeing anything around us, and the lack of visibility kept me on edge all the way to the huge metal beast of a vehicle that is my ride home.

With a dramatic huff, Leninora shoved me inside of the vehicle and slammed the door shut.

Three males were also man-handled into the vehicle: Doctor Sean Green, the blond long-haired golden boy and one of the larger dark haired men.

The dark haired man is the more gruff of the two I'd been assessing in the plane, and up close as I am in the van-like back of the vehicle, he looks even more grumpy and rough around the edges.

His rough and dark expression is in sharp contrast to the sunny happiness shining on the face of the boy next to him. Like night and day, they seem to be total opposites in appearance and personality.

Both boys look irritated, and Sean too, mostly from Leninora's vehement demands that only these three men were needed to ride with us...and she specified that it had to be these three. If my suspicions are correct, and they usually are when Leninora is involved, I would like to say that they were chosen specifically for a purpose.

Who knows for what exact purpose though.
I can never guess the true intentions behind Leninora's schemes; they only become clear after the fact. I'm great at taking the shards of a situation and piecing them all together, but with Leninora it's like taking slivers of glass and trying to poke a chipped window to mend the repair.

So, instead of questioning Leninora I kept quiet and focused on some breathing exercises.

I'm still doing them.

The anger that Leninora had instructed me to bring forth from the depths of my emotions is raging and frothing around inside my skull.
So much so that I feel like anything, even the smallest of words spoken in my direction, will break my concentration and I'll rip apart the poor idiot that dares to try and assuage my presence.

But maybe the guys sense my wrathful mood, or maybe they think I'm asleep, because not one of them attempts to speak.
To me, at least.
Instead, they seem to be more interested in cross-interrogating Leninora.

It started with small questions at first: Where were we going? ('Home.') What would we be doing when we got there? ('Talk, maybe.')

And then 'Lucian' got curious. Too curious, the poor dummy. I almost feel bad for him when he asks the million dollar question.