Ch. 49 Gabriel

~~~

Sang's POV

Location: Gabriel's Boutique

Date: End of November

~~~

I meet with Lucian that weekend. He comes to get me with a smile as big as the sun, and a hug that's a tad too far on the side of familiar. He'd been unusually smiley that morning at breakfast, and positively glowing during our 'bonding time', otherwise known as kitchen clean up.

I take him in with red cheeks. He looks beautiful in a white button up shirt that's paired with a woolen cardigan and soft blue jeans. The sun's shining through the trees and highlighting the hair that's almost as long as mine and it hits his eyes at just the right angle to beam up the golden tunics in his brown eyes.

"Hey, Sang." His eyes take me in, intensely gazing at me with obvious interest. Typical Lucian.

"Hi." I respond. "Ready to go?" His mouth opens, probably to remind me again that he prefers Luke, but a croaky voice cuts him off.

"It is, by far, too early for this trip. I mean shit. Couldn't we have done this later in the day?" Leninora appears from where she was leaning against the car we're taking today with big sunglasses covering her face and a frown that is in direct contrast to Lucian's happy exterior. 

Lucian stares at her, with the most unusual expression on his face; surprise, confusion, and most unusual of all alarm. It all melts away almost instantaneously but I catch it and it sets my  nerves on edge. 

"I didn't know you were coming with us," Lucian can't seem to help himself saying. "We're going to see a movie too. The matinee price is way cheaper."

"I love picking out clothes and movie theaters are great for naps." Len smugly responds.

I catch an undertone in their conversation, an underlying something  that I'm not getting, that just continues to heighten my curiosity.

"Yeah. I'm sure you do," Lucian rolls his eyes, and opens the back door. He waits for me to settle in, and then like the perfect gentleman he is, he goes for the passenger door and holds it open for Leninora too. 

I smile to myself when she huffs indignantly and clambers her way in.

Lucian slams the door, and Leninora whirls around to glare at me.

"Keep your guard up." She hisses at me. I wince at the manic look in her eye. I really should have been keeping a closer eye on her. I've just been so busy, and she's so good at avoiding me. I've got to do better, I berate myself.

Lucian finds his way to the driver's seat, turns on the car and off we go.

~~~

We hit the movies first. Leninora complains about the one Lucian wants to see, so we split up and agree to meet back at the car afterwards.

The one we watch together is cute. We share a popcorn, and do all of the cute little things you see in all of the romance movies.

Accidentally touch each other's hands when we both go for popcorn at the same time...-check.

Glance at each other at the same time during a particularly touching moment...-check.

We're giggling when we leave the theater room. It was a good movie, not as good as the first apparently but still fun.

"Let's pick up some food to take with us to Gabriel's. Once he gets his hands on you, he'll never let us go." He says in a goofy voice.