Jonquil

Fresh from the pain of DTBY's episode last night, I felt I couldn't write for this story yet. I was so emotional but in a good way, I loved how Maine has grown as an actress. She brings raw emotions to her take on Sinag's pain, and Alden's despair was also palpable with his acting style. My MaiChard heart is happy that they are growing together in their craft.

Thank goodness for advanced written chapters, I still have a few so as not to disappoint you my dears. I'll just write more over the weekend.  Anyway, Dei and Richard are now officially starting as a couple, and it will be a step closer to the aborted wedding that you read about in the prologue. As the story unfolds, you will see their weaknesses and possible reasons why the wedding did not push through.

Thanks to the loyal readers for following this story and for the comments I always look forward to :)    

Dei never asked Richard to clear what that scrap of woman's clothing in his laundry meant. She felt she had no right to question him, because after all, they weren't a couple yet. But it planted a seed of doubt in her, it made her wary and on guard of her heart.

But she continued to entertain him. One look at his face with its angelic features was enough to throw caution to the wind and get lost in the feelings being with him evoked. Richard had a way of making her feel like he held all the answers to her questions. Yet, whenever she was alone in her room at night, self-doubt and insecurities would get the better of her. Why did he choose her of all the women he encountered within his profession? There were gorgeous models, she was pretty sure there were other clients who were smarter, prettier than she was. But why did he pick her?

Tonight was the first time she'd see him after over a month. He was away acting as creative consultant for an indie movie, a pet project he indulged in after her prodding. They talked regularly over Facetime though, making sure to do so no matter how short. Tonight she insisted they meet here at her place instead of going out, being the home buddy that she is.

She liked bonding with him here instead of being taken to expensive dinners or out of town. He knew she was not ready for them to spend nights together, nor was she impressed by expensive nights out in hotels. She preferred home-cooked meals and cuddling while watching their favorite series on TV.

Cuddling. Yes, she allows him this liberty even though they were not yet an item. She loves the feeling of snuggling against his broad chest, her arm over his waist, her head cradled against his neck. She was clingy like that, and so was he. Countless times, he'd fall asleep lying on her lap while her hand rested against his face.

Her doorbell rings, startling her out of her reverie. She smiles and rushes to the door, opening it to a big bouquet of flowers that obstructs her view of his face. The flowers are offered to her arms, which she accepts laughing and a little breathless from rushing to the door.

"Sweetie, could you please put the flowers down now and let me hug you?"

She complies, laying down the huge bouquet in her couch and stood uncertainly, her heart beating fast. He slowly approaches her, fully aware that she is skittish, and slowly opens his arms, waiting for her to meet him halfway.

That exact moment when her body slides into his arms creates a myriad sensations in her. They snuggle against each other's warmth, smelling one another's necks, arms pulling as though they could not be close enough. His lips touch the smoothness of her shoulder, the stubble on his chin deliciously rubbing against her skin. The kiss turns into a nuzzle, and pretty soon he is planting kisses on her neck, her jaw, stopping at her mouth, hesitating as though to ask permission. She closes the gap by leaning forward, her lips meeting his for the first time.