Ivy

Hi there my dears, I think you've been waiting for this chapter long enough, so here it is, a bit of a development towards reconciling for our couple. Everything is still shaky, but they braved the baby steps, and it will progress beautifully from here.

When two people hurt each other, the tendency is for them to be too careful and to skirt around the issue. Sometimes, the carefulness worsens instead of helps them mend their differences. Let's see how our ficDei and ficRichard  will progress despite their unanswered questions.

Oh, and Mike is appearing again in the next chapter. You will finally get to see him. As usual my dears, comment below :)

It was already 8:00 in the evening and everyone had gone home. Richard and Dei were still working on their pitch, which was to be presented the following week. They were looking at the executions of the Facebook and Instagram ads, the content buckets and budget, trying to figure out how to add more value to the campaign.

"Ok, we are pegging the budget at 30 million and based on our allocation here, we still have about seven million to allocate. Why don't we put it in Youtube or Google ads?"

"Jay, I think Youtube would be a better option than Google ads, since they already have some following there. We can work with Youtube on a Brand Lift study at the start of the campaign to see the impact of the new ad."

"Hmm. Ok, then we can make shorter versions of the video and use it on Facebook as well. Like carousel ads maybe?"

"Videos on carousel ads would be great but remember, not all consumers have a data plan. Some consume Facebook on free data, so they won't see the videos."

"You think we have enough executions? We can send this to Harvey for creatives?"

"I think so. I already did some of the job orders, I'll finish them tonight so they can start working on it tomorrow."

"Ok, finish up while I check my email. Then let's have a quick dinner, I'm starving. Just leave your car, I'll drive you home."

She smiled when he left the conference room, hugging the thought to herself. He was taking her home again. This was the third time since they started working on this project that he offered to take her home. She wondered how Shayne was taking it, if she was ok with them working together. He never mentions her, nor does she ever visit him here in the office.

The thought of Shayne dampened her happiness somewhat. They were getting on better than before, and she like that he let some of his guard down with her. But she didn't relish the idea of being a third party in a relationship.

She set aside ideas of Shayne and focused on work, mentally taking note to ask about her later as they have dinner. After an hour, she was finally done and went back to her work station to tidy up. She got a message from Richard, telling her he was ready to leave. Quickening her pace, she tidied up and messaged him back, waiting for him by the elevator.

Dei was really tired, and her body was telling her to slow down. Her muscles and joints ached, it was a bad sign. Richard met her at the elevator and took her laptop bag from her, noting how tired she looked.

"You ok, babe?"

Shit. He called her babe. Freudian slip of sorts, in his mind she was always his baby, his babe. She didn't seem to notice, thank goodness.

"Just tired and hungry."

"Are you still up for dinner or should we just takeout and eat in your place?"