Red Rose

Sorry for the late update my dears, realidad is eating me alive. This is an important update pa naman as this is the day that our couple will be bound by God as man and wife.

There is something about weddings that makes people emotional, and even the nastiest women are reduced to emotional wrecks because of the feels they get when they see people in matrimonial union.  Are you curious how  Shayne and Coleen, Dei's tormentors will react? Find out in this chapter.

Hope you enjoy the weekend beshies. By the way, just wanted to share with you, I got the job! We made it formal earlier today. Thanks everyone for the encouragement and for wishing me well.  Not very talkative today, haha, it's been a tiring day for me. 

Don't forget to leave your thoughts below :)

November 11, 2017

Dei was inside the car, trying to calm the frantic beating of her heart. Today was her wedding day, and although she and Richard are already married through civil rites, it still felt like they were to be wed for the first time.

She was happy with how she was styled, thankful that she listened to Janelle and allowed someone to style her look for the wedding. Her hair was in a simple updo, parted I the middle with a few tendrils escaping the elegant chignon.

Her gown was a form-fitting off-white lace gown, the sleeveless top portion showing just the right amount of skin, the skirt flowing widely the way she always dreamed her wedding dress would look like. It was a different gown from what should've been their wedding years ago, that gown was fortunately accepted by the designer and used for a fashion show. She was happier with this gown, maybe because she now knew better what she wanted.

"Goodness why is there a TV crew outside?"

A team from GMA was waiting for her to come out of the bridal car. Apparently, one of the reporters checked the weddings scheduled in their church and remembered the story on her disappearance three years ago. This was a nice follow up to that story, and for the first time, Dei felt brave enough to tell her story. She wanted the world to know she was going to be Richard's wife.

She got out of the car and was asked to pose outside the church while the doors were closed. After a few minutes, she heard the strains of Aqualung's Brighter Than Sunshine being played by the string quartet, and a lump formed in her throat. The doors opened, and in unison, she saw how people seated inside the church turned towards her, most of them standing to catch a glimpse of her.

Oh, God. Will I ever get to Richard's side without making a fool of myself? Walking through the aisle without anyone to give me away, while my knees shake and my face about to break into an ugly cry. Jay, my baby, you look so handsome, and please......please don't cry, baby, you're going to make me bawl like a baby.

But Richard was in tears, unabashedly biting his lip, looking at her. She faltered, almost missing a step, looking around for Janelle as she was now midway towards him. Her knees felt weak, she wanted to faint with so many eyes focused on her. She saw Richard nod towards her encouragingly, knowing how this must be difficult for an introvert like her.

Then a cold hand grazed her elbow as an arm linked through hers, and she was guided to walk the rest of the way towards Richard. Dei looked up to see Coleen's eyes glistening with tears, choked in emotion so she could only nod in encouragement for Dei to continue walking. But Dei did a full stop and hugged her sister for a full 30 seconds, uncaring of the people around her. Gently, Coleen disengaged from her, rubbing her back, her face also wet with tears. The sisters walked to the altar with arms linked, each supporting the other.

Finally, she reaches Richard and holds his arm for support, too emotional to speak. He wipes her tears with his handkerchief, smiling at her.

"Thank you for this Jay."

He knew she was referring to the moment she shared with Coleen. He squeezed her hand and bent down to whisper to her.

"Can't believe we're here Dei. I love you."

The ceremony beautifully unfolded, everything went by smoothly. The time came for them to say their vows, and Richard bravely looked into Dei's eyes, reciting his vows without reading from a guide.

"Dei, from the moment we first met, I knew you would a part of my life. We went through a lot to get to this moment......we went through grief, pain, and separation but I do not regret any of it, Dei. I learned that when you love someone the way I love you, you stay committed to that love, to that promise of never letting go. So I promise to stay true to that commitment of loving you completely, to take care of your every need. I promise to try to understand you, support what makes you happy, to share with you what makes me happy. I promise to be yours, Dei, all of me, no less."

Then came Dei's turn, and for a moment she couldn't speak, she was trying to compose herself. She looked at the man in front of her, reached out a hand to caress his cheek and wiped away his tears with her thumb.

"Jay, I know that we went through so many difficulties before we realized that we were truly meant for each other. We both faltered, but God always found a way to lead us back to this path, for us to be together. I know now that God meant for us to meet and be together, and I promise you, that I will make it worth your while. I promise to make you feel secure in the love that we share, to give you the happiness you truly deserve, to be there for you always. I will never leave you, Jay, I will be with you till my last breath. And I will love you fiercely, fight for you even when I feel afraid."

The rings were presented to them, the same rings they have been wearing after their civil wedding. This time, the weddings were engraved to include the date of their church wedding. Their hands shook as they each slid the rings on each other's finger, and when the priest presented them as Mr. and Mr.s Richard Faulkerson Jr., the church thundered with applause while the couple hug each other tightly.

On one of the pews, Coleen is in tears as she sees her sister so happy. The envy she feels since they were kids is still within her, and her heart constricts with pain, knowing that she will never be as happy as her sister.

"So you're Dei's sister?"

She was a strikingly beautiful brunette, taller than Coleen was, with a model's figure. She was eying Coleen curiously, with a child's inquisitive gaze that made her conscious of her appearance.

"Yes, Dei is my sister."

"Hmm. You're prettier," The lady said matter-of factly.

"Shayne, don't start." Th guy was probably her boyfriend, a devilishly handsome guy with a stocky physique. Coleen gazed from her to him, openly admiring his biceps, which flexed when he held on to his date's arm.

"Don't start what, Cal? Hey..........eyes on me, girl, this one's taken."

She snuggled closer to Calvin and pulled him away, leaving Coleen amused. It was going to be interesting to be seated on the table of these two.