Ylang-Ylang

I'm sure you're all waiting for this chapter, haha. Especially the...lemme guess...the part after the wedding? But hey, I tamed it a bit, I hope I don't disappoint, but I don't want this story to be reported and suspended. So I hope I get to manage your expectations while still maintaining Wattpad's standards.

 Anyway, so many of you are used to my plot twists and kind of expected another plot twist around the corner. Let's take a rest from that and make the civil wedding happen, because I'd like to see Dei and Jay  finally get married and be happy. Let them worry about Shayne later, haha.

So enjoy this chapter my dears, hope to hear from you all again :)

They were actually doing it, right this moment, with his parents as witnesses. Dei looked so pretty in her white dress, her hair loose and wavy, her feet encased in flat sandals. He likes her best when she was in flats, when she's her actual height and he could envelope her in his arms and kiss the top of her head easily. He likes her best when she's like this, excited like a little girl, being sweet to his mom and dad, hugging and kissing them like they were her birth parents. He likes her best when she's having an unguarded moment, when her eyes suddenly light up as she looks at him.

Her eyes light up for me, he tells himself with wonder and awe. She looks at me with so much love in her eyes, touches me with a gentleness that makes me ache with so much happiness. Her eyes are shiny with unshed tears, strong emotions that she bravely faced for me. Today. Every little thing she does is magic, as the song goes. And it's true.

He watches as his mom fixes a stray strand of hair and cups her chin, wiping away her tears. Even his parents are captivated by her magic, they love her as fiercely as he does. He watches the two most important women in his life hug each other, her engagement ring glinting against the sunlight.

The judge's sala was empty save for a clerk that was documenting their wedding, a photographer his dad insisted on hiring. Their eyes met and held, unspoken promises speaking volumes.

"Ok lovebirds, it's showtime." Janelle's dad, Judge Santillan, was a Spanish mestizo, his eyes a soft shade of gray that twinkled with mirth. He was as funny and loud as his daughter.

-----

They stand side by side, and Dei caught a whiff of his scent, feeling giddy and excited to be the wife of this hunk beside her. She steals a glance at him, feeling lightheaded with joy. He's wearing a white oxford shirt, dark jeans that mold his shapely butt and encase his long legs. He smiles at her, his dimple deepening, and it's like meeting him for the first time all over again, back in the conference room in her old job, when her heart beat faster at the mere sight of him.

He looks at me with so much love in his eyes, she thought. Amazing how he followed me out of the country to take her back with him, to still love me after three long years without contact. It was a wonder how he acts as though his life is incomplete without me, for how could someone as awesome fall for me? But he did, he's just as eager to wed me as I am to wed him. He loves me despite my flaws, despite seeing me at my worst. She utters a short prayer of thanks for having him as the best blessing God can ever give her.

The ceremony was short and sweet. The wedding rings that waited three years to be worn, were finally slipped into their ring fingers. Richard was thankful that the rings were mistakenly engraved with their names, without the original date of their wedding, almost as though it was a foretelling of what was to happen. Who needed dates anyway, he would never forget this day.

"You may kiss the bride."

His arms encased her gently while her hands held on to his biceps to keep her from losing balance, because her knees were shaking badly. Their noses touched and rubbed, until Richard closed the gap between their mouths and fused, blotting out everything around them. Her head was spinning, she felt Richard bending and dipping her, his arms tightening around her as her hands crept up to lock at his nape. After what seemed like an eternity, the judge discreetly cleared his throat, reminding them to leave some for later.

They had their pictures taken, the court clerk thoughtfully had some rice and confetti showered over their heads. Richard's dad opened a bottle of Prosecco sparkling wine and some canapes that they shared with the judge and his clerk.

"Judge Santillan, please feel free to join us for brunch. Thank you for accommodating us," Richard Sr. said happily.

They had a sumptuous brunch together with the Judge, happily trading stories over deliciously grilled seafood, fresh fruits and tall glasses of watermelon shakes. Richard reached for Dei's hand from under the table and possessively draped her hand over his thigh. Their eyes met, and Dei suddenly felt shy.

Richard leaned closer to her and whispered, "Can't wait to have you alone with me tonight." He winked at her naughtily, making her pinch his side. But Richard laughed and kissed her full on the mouth in front of his parents, making Dei blush a deep shade of red.

When lunch was over, they had coffee in one of the nearby coffee shops, till it was time for them to be driven to El Nido. It was going to be a four-hour trip, they took advantage of the long drive by sleeping on the way, with Dei nestled close to Richard's chest, his arm around her.

It was past five in the afternoon when they arrived at El Nido. They check-in quickly and changed, then took a walk by the beachfront. They were able to catch the beautiful sunset, arms around each other, lips meeting as the sky changed colors and slowly cloaked them with a soft orange-pink glow. Richard teased her mouth by giving her feather-light kisses, his tongue tracing the outline of her lips.

The kiss deepened, Dei's breath hitched as Richard's hand touched her underneath her shirt. His fingertips ran along the band of her shorts, skimming her hips, stopping to caress her studded navel. His mouth dipped down her neck, burying in the fragrance of her hair.

"Hi Mrs. Faulkerson," He said in a soft low voice, tickling her ear. He carries her as the bride that she is, taking her to their room. Once inside, he kisses her again, still in his arms, sliding slowly down, her body brushing against his.

He tugs at the laces of her spaghetti straps, letting her top gently fall off to reveal her lacy strapless bra. Nuzzling her smooth shoulder, he tugs at the drawstring of her shorts, getting turned on as her breasts jiggle a bit when she moved her hips to let the shorts fall off. She smiles at him, pulling his shirt off, running her hands over his broad chest.

"I don't know why I'm nervous," She says, a little out of breath.

"Me too, feel my heart." He puts her hand over his heart, making her feeling the rapid thudding.

He sits on the bed and pulls her to him, letting her stand in between his thighs. He presses kisses against her flat tummy, his tongue darting to lick her navel. Her knees buckle, he turns her away from him and sits her on his lap. He unclasps her bra and cups her breasts from behind, sucking the skin on her neck as she tips her head to give him better access. His thumbs flick at her peaks, making her arch her body away from him, her nape pressing down on his shoulder. One of his hands find their way inside her lace undies, tracing her moist folds, pleasuring her with his fingers on her slit and nub.

She squirms, gasping with pleasure. He lays her down on the bed and takes off the rest of their clothing, covering her body with his. He plunges inside her while his mouth claims one of her peaks, and he thrusts against her slowly at first, finding their rhythm, their hips bumping, rubbing against each other in sync. Their hands join above her head, lips branding each other's bodies with searing licks, sucks and kisses. The pressure builds inside them both, and like a bubble it bursts, making them oblivious to their surroundings.

For a moment, it is just Dei and Richard, riding the crest of a strong wave together, teetering on the brink of a fall, and then falling together gracefully, tumbling and floating with the waves. They slowly come down from the wave, out of breath, hearts thundering.

"I love you," He whispers, kissing her temple.

She pulls his head to cradle against her shoulder, kissing his cheek tenderly.

"I love you more, Mr. Faulkerson."

She catches a glimpse of her wedding band, glinting against the lamplight. Her wedding ring, her badge of courage. She finally accepted she was deserving of this happiness, and capable of sharing it with the only person who could ever make her this happy.