Aster

It's such a HOT day innit? (Pun intended) I drove for my parents all day and driving on a hot day through Metro Manila traffic is no joke. I felt like I aged five years just for today...char. 

Anyway, we're close to unearthing  Dei's past, and when we finally do, Dei can feel like a whole person, hopefully. This story is also nearing its end, maybe around 8-10 chapters more, then it will be time for this author to rest for a while and think of a new story to launch, hopefully on July 16 for the second Aldub Anniversary. I am open to prompts, so please give me ideas of what you want, or would you like me to do a drabble series for a change?

Hope you enjoy this story and as usual, share your thoughts. I ope the heat doesn't get the better of you beshies, please keep your cool and have fun with the summer despite the heat :)

Richard covered Dei's hand with his own, hoping to offer her a means to calm down her nerves. They were on a plane enroute for Cebu, to meet with the Capili family's lawyer, who also happened to be Dei's grand-uncle.

Richard made all the arrangements for her, and finally after two long weeks of waiting, they were finally going to get some answers......hopefully. He looked at Dei, trying to figure out what she was thinking, knowing how hard it must be to try resolving the conflict within herself. After getting the most loving and encouraging letter from her mom, the possibility of her still being alive also comes with the likelihood that she abandoned her own child.

"Dei.....what are you thinking?"

"I don't know what to think really, Jay. I'm finding it hard to believe my mom would abandon me, leave the clinic without me. But if she did.......God. I don't know if I still want to meet her. It might wreck me."

"I'm sure there's a plausible reason for her leaving you. We're so near finding out what happened. I'm with you on this, babe."

"Thank you, Jay. I don't know what I would have done facing this alone."

"It will all work out for the best, sweetie. You'll see."

But he was praying fervently deep down that it would work out. She had been through enough pain and heartbreak already, and he wanted this to be a happy ending for her.

-----

They checked in at Movenpick Hotel in Mactan, and helped themselves to a sumptuous buffet lunch at The Sails, one of Movenpick's restaurants. Richard noticed Dei was not eating much, and knew instinctively that she was worried about what they would find out about her mother.

"Dei, you want to take a nap before we meet Atty. Capili? Or do you want to go around?"

"Let's just stay in the room, is that ok?"

"Sure, sweetie."

They were given an ocean view room, and momentarily, Dei forgot the reason why they were in Cebu. She opened the doors to the veranda and closed her eyes to the breeze, loving the fresh air and sunlight on her skin.

"Enjoying yourself?" He smiled at her, loving her carefree look, something she rarely shows him.

"I missed the sun, Jay."

"Wait....not too much of it ok? We don't want another flare onset."

She smiled ruefully at him and went into his arms. "That was fun while it lasted. I miss staying out in the beach."

"I'm sorry babe, we just need to be careful. Is there anything else you want to do? How can I make it up to you?"

"Hmmm......how 'bout a massage?" She looked at him with eyes dancing. His heartbeat suddenly turned erratic at the promise of something always welcome to him. He gets turned on each time she initiates seduction between them.

"Sure. "

He let her shower first, dressing down to just his boxers.waiting till she got out of the bathroom her body wrapped only in a towel.

"Don't get dressed, Dei, lie on the bed face down."

She complied and surrendered herself to his hands, which first worked on her arms. His palms caressed both her arms, then applied gentle pressure on her palms, working up her arm until he kneaded the muscles of her upper arm. He did the same with the other arm, until his hands were kneading, squeezing on her shoulders, the thumbs pressing against pressure points on her shoulders. Her smooth skin was so much of a temptation, he helplessly swept her hair aside and suckled the skin on her nape, emitting a soft moan from her.

His hands travelled down her back, the heels of his palms pressing gently down on her back muscles, easing the knots of pressure he felt near her spine. His mouth followed his hands, planting soft kisses along her spine.

His hands traversed even lower running his palms over the backs of her thighs, his thumbs skimming the sensitive skin of her inner thighs, traveling up till his fingertips grazed over her moist folds. Unable to bear the teasing fingers, Dei turned around and pulled his face to kiss him hungrily, her legs automatically encircling his hips.

"I want you now, Jay." She whispered, shuddering as his thumb circled her nub.

His body covered hers, ready to cater to her whims, her pleasures. For the rest of the afternoon, Dei momentarily forgot about her inner demons, and focused on giving back the pleasure she took from her generous husband.

-----

They woke up late afternoon, tickling each other before they finally got up to take a shower together. Dei dressed in a navy blue jumpsuit, white strappy sandals and her hair in a ponytail. Richard wore a long-sleeved light blue shirt and jeans, leather shoes.

"How do I look, Jay?" She was biting her lip, unsure and stressed over the meeting they were about to face.

"You look fine, sweetie. Come, relax...."

Atty. Archie Capili was meeting them at the Ibiza Beach Club, another restaurant of the hotel. He was already waiting for them, seated by one of the tables reading something on his phone. He immediately rose upon seeing them, his eyes glued to Dei.

"Atty. Capili, thank you for meeting us at short notice." Richard extended his hand. "Richard Faulkerson, Jr. sir. This my wife Dei."

"Dei......I'm sorry for staring, but you look so much like your mother. And please, call me Tito. Sit, please."

Atty. Archie seemed lost in thought, and for a moment they were all engulfed in an awkward silence, till He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Dei.....I mean no judgement when I say this, but why did it take you so long to contact me? It was I who sent you the letter, the ring and necklace you're wearing now and the photo of your mom. I sent that way back 2009, when I traced your whereabouts through your father's residence. I sent him these items because your grandparents wanted to meet you, and they asked me to find you."

"Tito, I didn't know of these items until just recently. My father died five years ago, and I don't know if he himself received the items you sent. I only know that my sister Coleen just recently gave me the key to the safety deposit box, which contained the items you sent. But.....why did my grandparents want to see me? Weren't they the ones who gave me away?"

"Dei.....your grandparents were very conservative people. They panicked, and acted on impulse. They had a solid reputation here in Cebu and it was a knee-jerk reaction to protect that reputation. They regretted that decision and spent years trying to find your father. We couldn't locate him after he left his post at the university. It was only in 2009 that we found out he left the academe to concentrate on consultancy and research."

"Tito.....there are so many things that happened through those years and while I'd like to know about them, I can wait. I just want to know right now......is my mother still alive?"

"Yes Dei.......she's alive but she was made to understand that you died when she gave birth."