Ambrosia

Photo : I don't know who owns it, so sorry.

Hello beshies. The rain has turned me into a sentimental mush, and it also changed how my story will go. BUT......the prologue stays. Like I keep telling you, my stories write themselves through me, I don;t dictate the story. I let the story run its course and go with the flow.

How come love is never enough? Why can't it be enough? Why can't people let the things work around the love to accommodate it that the other way around?  Why can't other things take a back seat and let love take the lead? Life is now so complicated compared to decades ago.

During my parents' time, love was enough and people fought to stay together. Will love be enough for Dei and Richard?  Read on. I will love to hear what you think when you get to the end of this chapter. Please do not cheat and read the end immediately  :)   

"Dei, sweetie. Will you come home with me?"

His question was like a fly in the ointment that marred their time together. Dei wanted to just forget about every little ugly thing that passed between them and enjoy this little interlude with him. She knew they would have to discuss this sooner or later, but for the moment, for as long as she can stall answering the question to avoid an ugly scene, she would.

"I want to, baby, believe me I do."

"But? You sound like there's a but about to come along."

"Jay, you've got two more days here. Let's just say for now, I don't know what to tell you. I hope you don't assume it's because of Andrew, I'm sure by now you know Andrew isn't a threat to us. He's been nothing but supportive for our relationship and he's happy with someone else."

"Yes, I know that now. We're good together Dei. I hope you see that. I hope the happiness we have when we're together outweighs any doubt in your mind. Besides, I believe that any challenge is better faced when we're together than apart."

"Yes, Jay. I know that. I just want to enjoy our time together for now. Can we do that?"

He sighed, not wanting them to have another argument. With a smile not quite reaching his eyes, he started getting dressed.

"Let's go for a swim."

-----

They went for a swim on the beach, enjoying the combination of the cool breeze and heat of the sun. Dei was playful with him, she teased, flirted and clung to him, a new side of her that he never saw before. Reluctantly, he admitted that staying in Vietnam had been good for her. It gave her confidence she badly needed, and an independence that convinced her she was strong on her own, she could survive if she wanted to.

By the time the sun was setting, he took her back to their room. They sat on the bed with her resting against his chest, his arms around her.

"Tell me about your life here, Dei."

"It was difficult at first, Jay. I missed you badly, and I really thought I'd never snap out of the depression I went through. I wasn't thinking anymore, Andrew forcibly took me with him here because he saw the state I was in when we separated."

"Then, by accident, I was given an opportunity to work here. It was like everything fell into place, even my employment here was arranged to be legit. I felt God's hand working to heal me."

His arms tightened around her, wincing when his arm rubbed against her hip bone that was jutting out of her still frail body.

"Sweetie you lost so much weight. I'm so sorry for being such a selfish ass. I let my pride get in the way."

"I'm ok, now that you're here." She turned her head to the side to kiss him. He turned her gently to face him, not breaking the kiss. His palms roamed over her body, loving the feel of her smooth skin, his mouth following whatever he touched. He pulled her with him as his head settled on the pillows, their legs entwined, bodies touching.

"Did staying here change anything between us, Dei?"

She pressed a kiss to his jaw, nipping at his stubbled chin.

"I don't think there will be anything that can ever change what I feel for you, Jay. I love you, even more now because I almost lost you."

"I don't think I will ever survive another separation, Dei."

"Sshhhh. Let's not think of that, baby. We're here, we're together and happy."

"But I have a feeling you won't be coming home with me. You've been stalling, Dei."

"One more night, Jay. Let's spend the night here. Before the day ends tomorrow, you will know my answer. I need time to weigh things. I have clients here that will need to be told of my leaving. I need to figure out those things, babe."

"I understand, sweetie. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm pressuring you."

"No, I don't see it that way. You've waited for me long enough, Jay. I owe you an answer and you'll get it tomorrow."

She silenced him with a kiss, her tongue coaxing him to open his mouth. Her hands caressed his shoulders, moving down to his arms and chest. He groaned and cupped her butt, her hips raising to grind against his.

"I love you, Dei."

"I love you more, Jay."

-----

Dei woke up early and took a walk on the beach. Her body was sore from last night, but it was a good kind of soreness that made her smile with the recollection. Richard's visit was a wonderful surprise that she would never forget, a pleasant realization of the lengths he would go to, just to show her how much he wanted their relationship to work.

She weighed her options, thinking of how her consultancy practice was blossoming into a lucrative career, and to be honest, there was a part of her that was reluctant to let go of all this. It was her first time to be independent and in command of her time and work load, it felt wonderful to have such control.

But she loved Richard, she appreciated how he left his responsibilities just to be with her here. She wondered if he would allow her to stay and continue working here, if he would be content to visit her once a month and vice-versa. Many relationships thrived despite the distance, and it wouldn't be a permanent arrangement.

But she suddenly remembered Shayne, and her being here gives Shayne an advantage to take him back, claim him as hers. And while she trusted Richard, the distance could make him lonely, and all it would take would be a night of loneliness that could change everything for them.

A pair of arms suddenly wrapped around her waist. She smiled and faced him, gently pushing his hands away.

"Easy on the PDA, baby, it's frowned upon here." She smiled at him gently, walking with him side by side.

"I got scared when I woke up and saw your side of the bed empty."

"Just took a walk to clear my head."

"And?"

They stopped walking, faced each other and stared uncertainly. One of them was waiting for a decision, and another was wondered about the right decision.

"Dei, put me out of my misery. I'm leaving day after tomorrow."

They were now in a secluded part of the beach, allowing Dei to reach out and caress his cheek. He kissed her palm and held her hand, waiting for her to speak.

"Jay.........I've made a decision."

"Tell me........"

"Baby.........I'm coming home with you."