Anemone

Surprise update! I felt the last update was kind of bitin so I am publishing this early (should be for tomorrow).

Thank you for getting this story to #10 rank, despite my inability to update every day lately. I am thankful to those who stick with the story faithfully, for sharing your insights with me and the others. There will be around three to four chapters more before we hit the present timeline, hope you will be patient enough to stick around for that. I just want a smooth and coherent flow of the story but no worries, we're getting there :)

Would love to hear from you abut this chapter, this time showing you how Richard reacts and where Dei went.  Please read on and tell me what you think :)

Richard woke up close to midnight, six hours after they arrived at their new home. He shook off the remaining drowsiness from his head and got up, noticing his clothes folded neatly by the bed, and Dei nowhere to be found. He quickly dressed and noticed his undershirt was missing. An alarm bell went off in his brain, he searched every room in the house then stepped out to see the car still there.

He locked up and drove to the entrance to inquire if they saw Dei leave. The guard confirmed that he saw a lady walk out of the village two hours ago but he wasn't sure if it was Dei. He called his mom to check if Dei was there. He tried calling her, but her phone was off.

"Hello, mom? Has Dei contacted you?"

"No, is something wrong RJ?"

"We went to the house mom, we both fell asleep and I just woke up, she's not here. I was hoping she contacted you. Tried calling her but her phone was off."

"RJ....son.....did you talk to her like I told you to?"

"I'm sorry mom, she looked fine these past few days. She attended her shower and they seemed to have a good time. I didn't think we needed to talk anymore."

"How was she earlier? Did she get upset about anything?"

He couldn't answer his mom. He felt like kicking himself, for being too insensitive. She was already giving him warning signals and he just swept them aside. He should have listened to her. Instead, he gave in to her request and made love to her, which was probably her way of saying goodbye.

"RJ? Are you still there?"

"Mom.......There won't be any wedding." His tears were falling, the pain mushrooming in his chest.

-----

He couldn't sleep, his head ached with a throbbing pain that refused to go away despite the painkiller he downed an hour ago. He was worried sick, he wondered where she was, and how she was doing. He kept waiting for his phone to ring.

He thought about calling her friends, but decided against it, thinking she just might have needed some time away from him to think things over. He hoped she would still come back to him and end this nightmare.

He tried contacting her again, this time through text messages.