Anemone 2.0

Happy Easter my dears! This is a time of rebirth and fresh starts, a time of optimism. Easter is like a second Christmas, because it commemorates the time Christ came back to life.

When our life gets messed up and too complicated, it's only normal to feel like wanting to take a step back to assess the situation and try to clear our minds away from the situation. There's really nothing wrong with that, it's sometimes necessary.  However, we sometimes take too much time overthinking situations, to the point that the time away damages more than helps the situation. The people we approach also factor in, do they really help of further muddle a situation?

In my mind, the people that may cause more harm to an already volatile situation should be avoided, no matter how close they are to us, regardless too if they are the only ones who understand us better. But that's just me. What about you?  Would you approach someone you know is a threat to your relationship? Share your thoughts with us :)  

December 14, 2013

It was their wedding day. A supposedly joyful day for both Richard and Dei was instead a day that filled both with sadness. The wedding gifts kept coming despite the news that the wedding was not pushing through. Calls kept coming in, well-meaning friends and work acquaintances called Richard to ask how he was, if Dei was already found, some offering prayers. Pictures of Dei appeared on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, all asking for leads on the missing bride-to-be.

News reports on TV circulated, with pictures of Dei and Richard during happy times being shown. It was close to becoming a circus, what with false leads being fed to Richard and his parents, or women who looked like Dei being presented as her.

Richard just wanted everything to go away. He wanted to be left in peace, to mourn what should have been a beautiful moment for them both, that now turned into a nightmare. He was holding the box containing their wedding rings, the beautiful plain gold bands with their names engraved on the inner surface, when his phone suddenly vibrated.

It was a text message from Dei.

He tried calling her, but the phone was off

He tried calling her, but the phone was off. He sent text messages but she never replied. His logic began to take over his emotions. If she really loved him, why was she hurting him this way? Why was she staying away? Surely whatever issues she had were things they could talk about like mature adults. There was no need for this circus to happen, for his life to be like an open book in the news; a tragic love story of a good-looking groom who lost his bride even before they got to church.

If she truly loved him, she would never hurt him. Not this way.

-----

Dei shut off the TV and wrapped her arms around her middle. What has she done? What did she let herself into this time? All she wanted was to get some peace and quiet, to have time to think things over. She had no idea how things escalated so quickly, how a nationwide search for her was now going on, with monetary rewards offered for any information leading to her.