Snowdrop

As requested, and because I never can say no if nicely asked, here's a second update today. Sorry for not editing, as always, I'm in the middle of weekend work, but I also wanted to get the story out of my systems so I just had to get it here on wattpad.

I hope you will like this chapter as much as the previous two, for which I noticed a lot of reads and comments. Yay!!! Thank you for all that, I hope I can sustain your enthusiasm and interest for the next chapters.  Exciting days ahead my dears, let's see how our AU couple will face each other now that they are within the same vicinity.

By the way, thanks to those who've read my drabbles in AMACon4, thank you for the nice comments. For those who haven't read them yet, you can read them here:  https://www.wattpad.com/400064921-amacon-4-serendipitous-drabbles-false-reality-the 

Enjoy beshies :)

Richard stared at Dei's sleeping form, undecided if he would wake her up or not. She was still wearing the black dress she had on earlier, her slim legs showing where the slit opened. The vee neckline of her dress slid lower to her right side, showing the swell of her left breast.

She hiccupped, calling his attention to the tracks of her already dried tears. Still asleep, she raises his shirt against her right cheek, snuggling to it comfortably. Unable to help himself, Noticing the goosebumps on her arm, Richard takes a blanket and drapes it over her.

He looks back on that day he left Vietnam without her, heartbroken. He still wonders what happened, but he had to admit he was afraid to find out the truth for several reasons. He was afraid to find out he was wrong all this time, for accusing her of having cold feet on him once again, only to find out there really was a logical explanation for her not making it. He was also afraid of the possibility that she did decide to stay in Vietnam, after those three days they spent together. Either way, he felt he wasn't ready for the truth, he had so many issues within him that he needed to sort.

And now she's back, wanting to work with him. What was her agenda? She never expressed wanting to get back with him and that kind of hurt. All she said was she wanted to work with him, that they were good working together. Really, Dei? Just for work?

It was too tempting and he cursed himself for being so weak. He slid beside her on the bed, remembering the nights they spent here together, full of happy dreams. She moved to face him, as though feeling his presence and snuggled against him, He felt himself getting a hard-on really fast, her thigh pressed in between his.

What now, Richard? You try put on a veneer of aloofness in front of her, but you turn to mush the moment she's within touching distance. Her lips pressed against his neck, his fists clenched trying to hold back from touching her.

He falls asleep pretty soon, but awakens after two hours. She's lying on her back this time, making it easy for him to get off the bed and make a quiet exit. He looks at her one last time, bends down to plant a lingering kiss on her bare arm. He locks up, making sure she is safe.

-----

Dei awakens disoriented, unsure of where she was. And then she remembers, she drove to Arcadia last night and fell asleep in this bedroom. She came to reminisce over happy times, of how they planned and purchased furniture and décor for this house together. She remembered heated nights making love, when she set aside her inhibitions and gave him everything she had.

She found a discarded shirt on the armchair and hugged it close, smelling his essence on it. She fell asleep, dreaming that he was here with her, and she was snuggled against him, her lips pressing kisses against his neck.