Celandine

After eight months of being together, our couple will finally say those three words to each other.  Some may think it took a long time before they said these words, but if you really mean them, it's actually difficult words to say.

Saying "I love you"  is like being naked and vulnerable to someone. It's admitting something that can be used against you, because the gamble of uttering those words without being sure your feelings are reciprocated can be really scary. But it's a gamble you take because  keeping your feelings inside you can be stifling.

Read on to see how far Dei and Richard are now into their relationship, and how near we already are to the present. In a few chapters, we will be seeing why Dei did not push through with the wedding and what will transpire after. Till then, please stay with me and read on. Feel free to share your thoughts too :)

8th Monthsary, March 3, 2013

Today was an important day for her. Not only was it her birthday, it was also their 8th monthsary. It was the first time Richard was going to introduce Dei to his parents. They were going to have dinner at his parents' house, the unit beside Richard's.

To say that she was excited was an understatement. It was her first time in her adult life to celebrate her 22nd birthday with a complete set of parents, even if they weren't her own. Richard said his mother prepared a Spanish dinner for her, while Dei baked her Angel Cake with rich buttercream as a gift for his parents.

She dressed carefully, making sure she looked decent in a dress that was not too short or tight. Her hair was simply loose around her shoulders, and her face devoid of any make-up. She wanted his parents to see the real Dei, make or break.

She was waiting outside her condo building when he maneuvered the car through the pick-up area. Carefully laying the cake on the back seat, she smiled at him as she closed the back door and settled in the passenger seat beside him. He leaned over and gave her a lingering kiss on her lips, stopping only when the car behind him honked noisily to prod him forward.

"How's my beautiful birthday girl?" He murmured against her lips.

"Happy. You make me happy, Richard. Now move before that guy behind us honks his horn again," She laughed and gently pushed him away, but held on to his right hand.

"I love you, Dei."

It took a while before he said it, and for that she appreciated these words more. She knew he valued these words and would not say them lightly. She remembered when he first started dating her, he admitted he wasn't in love with her yet, but he knew he was attracted. She so appreciated his honesty. She raised the hand she was holding and kissed the back of it.

"I love you too, Richard."

"You make me feel like it's my birthday instead of yours."

"Richard.....will your parents like me?"

"Sweetie, they already like you. They see how happy you make me."

"I'm nervous, babe."

"Don't be, they can't wait to meet you."

It seemed Richard was not joking when he said his parents couldn't wait to meet Dei. Both his dad and mom were waiting for them outside when they arrived. His dad looked like an older Richard without the dimple, while his mom was a Spanish beauty with a gentle smile on her face. Rose, stepped forward to hug Dei when she got out of the car. She wonderfully smelled like Vanilla, her warm hug evoked memories of Dei's mom when she was still alive.