Green Willow

Hello friends, back to the usual plot twist *evil laugh.* But do not fret, trust me, ok? I just like injecting these little surprises into my plots to keep readers on their toes. It makes for stimulating reads and I always try to make the plot twists believable. Only the best for you my loves.

There's one character in this story that has been under the radar and I'm now giving the character some limelight, because why not? This story would be boring if it revolved around Dei and Richard from start to finish. It's nice to intertwine stories of the other characters into Richard's and Dei's story.

I sound like I'm talking in riddles, haha. Please read on, and I hope you like the twist. Again trust me, my dears. This story won't be written by me if I played it safe. Enjoy :)

The Sunday after they were wed in Palawan, Richard called Harvey and Calvin to have dinner with him and Dei. He wanted to share with them his good news, and also to allow Dei to bond with them. They agreed to meet in Open Kitchen in East Capitol Drive.

"Babe, won't they get offended that we went on to get married without telling them? I know it's my fault that our wedding didn't push through before. What if they don't want me to be your wife because of that?"

"Dei, my friends want me to be happy. They know how important you are to me, and will be happy for us. Don't worry too much, ok?"

They arrived early, giving them both a chance to admire the restaurant interiors. The restaurant was cozy with soft lighting and earth colors on the walls and furniture. Outside was an herb garden where they get the herbs used for their dishes.

Calvin and Harvey arrived a few minutes later, slowing down after seeing the newlyweds having a moment. Richard was talking to Dei in a soft voice while tucking her hair behind her ear. Dei leaned towards him to kiss his jaw and whisper something to him, after which he laughed out loud. The two approached them, already gearing to crack a joke and spoil their sweet moment.

"Uhmmm, RJ.......should we come back later?"

"Hey.....stop it, you're making Dei uncomfortable. Sit down, punks."

"What's the occasion anyway? Did you close a big account?"

"No, something better. Make a wild guess."

"You got married," Harvey joked, smirking. But he noticed the smiles between Richard and Dei and how they suddenly hid their hands.

"Wait....Fuck, don't tell me you did? Hey! Show us your hands...."

The two showed their hands and were both congratulated with a lot of handshaking and jokes from Calvin and Harvey. They ordered food and drinks to toast the newlyweds, but Richard got serious as he discussed the real reason why he wanted his friends here.

"Guys, thanks for coming despite the short notice. So sorry for not inviting you to the civil ceremony, we're still having a church wedding, but that won't be until a few months from now. When Dei said she was ready, I just......I couldn't wait anymore. But there's another reason why I wanted you to be here."

He held Dei's hand and caressed the wedding band on her ring finger. Dei was looking at him questioningly, wondering what Richard was thinking.

"Guys, I want to split my shares equally with Dei. I want her to be a partner of New Age. "

"What? Jay, no........I didn't ask for this Harv, Calvin."

"Dei, please.....I thought about this last night, I knew you'd say no if I discussed it with you."

"I'll work with Francis on the legalities, RJ. Dei, let RJ do this for you. Now that you're married, everything will be conjugal anyway."

Richard caressed Dei's chin and kissed her. Right there in front of his friends. It disarms her how he doesn't care who's around, for as long as he wants to be clingy and touchy-feely with her, he'll go ahead and do it.

"Dei....I don't want you to be a mere employee working under me at New Age. I want you as an equal partner, attending board meetings with me, deciding the future of the company with me."

There was nothing left for her to say. The three men overruled her, and as of that night, she was welcomed as the fourth partner of New Age Digital.

-----

Calvin was slightly tipsy, finding it a challenge to walk in a straight line. On the whole, it was a happy night, he was glad Richard finally got his life sorted out, and Dei is now his wife. In a way, he was envious of Richard, but in a good way. He admired his friend for always sticking to what was right, for never giving up on his own happy ending.

He pondered on his own life, on his own happy ending. So when was it happening? He'd been playing the field for so long, waiting for the right girl but only one girl actually mattered for him. But she was off limits or him because he knew she was a wounded soul, and it would take more than a man like him to heal her.

He got into his car and drove out of the restaurant's parking area. He drove listlessly around, feeling a strange emptiness that made him yearn for something he couldn't quite grasp. He was the quintessential party animal, one of the most sought after bachelors who worked hard but played harder. But it was such a shallow existence and he was tired of it.

Without knowing it, his driving brought him to her place. She never knew how often he drives by to see if she's ok, to see if she's home or in need of company. He never had the guts to get out of the car and knock on her door, to see how she would receive him.

But tonight he was feeling brave, the alcohol in his veins gave him a false bravado that egged him on to do what he should have done a long time ago. He rang the bell and waited, hoping she was home. The bell rang five times, he stepped away from the door and was walking back to his car when the door suddenly opened.

She was dressed ina plain white dress, her face free of make-up. She looked at him qustioningly, opening the door wider so that he could go in. He staggers inside, lying down on the couch, his head throbbing. He looks at her angelic face, as she settles on the couch to sit by his side, her face curious.

"Are you ok Calvin?"

"No.....not really."

"You're drunk."

"Oh so you noticed.........Never thought you'd notice me....ever."

"What's wrong Cal?"

"Hmmm......" He sat up leaning his head on her shoulder.

"Do you know that I have feelings for you? That I've wanted to be with you since way, way back. But.........."

"But?"

"Awww. We both know why. I can't. I couldn't. Even now that he's already married, I know—"

"Richard's already married? When? How?"

"Ooops.....that slipped. Wasn't supposed to say that."

"When did he get married? They eloped you mean? Is she pregnant?"

"I don't know if she is. Going back to us..........I love you Shayne."

She was angry, no.......she was furious. But she did not let on. She smiled at Calvin, unbuttoning his shirt, caressing his chest. She licked his neck and he recoiled, looking at her.

"What? You want this don't you?"

"But......."

She looked at him, unblinking, taking her top off. She had no bra underneath, her milky white breasts were achingly full with pert pink tips waiting to be sucked.

"I'm lonely Calvin......."

She pulled his head to one breast, gasping at his hot mouth closing over a peak. Who said she couldn't take pleasure with someone else's mouth and body, when she had been without a man for so many years, wasting away for Richard?

She moaned at Calvin's eagerness, feeling the heat spread from her belly. She was going to use Calvin, she had a plan. But first, she spread her legs to welcome his mouth.