Plumeria

Last day of our long weekend beshies, huhubels :(  I had a great time just lazing in the house, we refused to take a risk flying out and getting pissed off with all the airport drama due to delayed flights and crowds. Staying home was great for catching up on sleep and some writing.

Anyway, this chapter is all about spontaneity. Have you ever noticed how unplanned nights out or gatherings have better chances of pushing through than something planned and organized from a long way off?  Unplanned get-togethers are always the best things to happen!

Find out what surprise Dei had planned for Richard in this chapter, and how Richard reacted to her surprise. I hope this chapter makes you happy too, I was inspired by the Maldives newsbit, haha, hopia t my own risk I know, but happy just the same.

Have fun ready my dears and let me know what you feel with this chapter :)

July 3, 2017

It was a week since the unfortunate Shayne visit to the New Age office and Dei was still thinking about it. She was not worried anymore about Richard falling for Shayne again, of that she was sure already and convinced of Richard's devotion to her. However, she was worried that Shayne would not stop creating all sorts of trouble between them.

She decided it was time for her to do something special for Richard, for a change. She wanted their bond to be strong, to convince Richard of her devotion to him as well. It was time to pull all stops to take their relationship to the next level.

They stopped celebrating monthsaries, and ever since they got back together, they never discussed celebrating their original anniversary, which was today. She called up Richard early morning to start working on her surprise.

"Hello Jay? Don't come by for me today, need to work on something."

"Is everything ok?"

"Yes.....nothing's wrong with me, don't worry. I just need to do research on something."

"Will you still pass by the office later?"

"No, I'll be out all day, baby."

"Will I see you at all today?"

She bit back a smile. He was beginning to sound testy and she knew why. He probably had something planned for later.

"Yes but I'm kind of lazy to go out later. I'll call you later, ok?"

"But today's.........ok fine. Call me later."

He hung up without saying goodbye, but Dei wasn't worried. She would more than make up for that later.  She had a lot to do today, for the biggest surprise she wanted to pull off for Richard.

A day after Shayne showed up, Dei compiled photos of her and Richard together and sent it to a supplier friend who prints picture books as a business. She also finished a video compilation of their travels with their favorite Coldplay song, Clocks, with a message from her at the end of the video. She was going to insert the DVD of the video into the flap at the back cover of the picture book, after a special printed sticker was labelled to the DVD.

She drove to her friend Mavic's house, to pick up the book and have the DVD labelled. Her gift was now nicely wrapped and stored at the back seat of her car. She had her nails done, French tipped the way Richard liked, her hair blown dry into soft waves around her shoulders.

Her afternoon was devoted to fixing up the entertainment room in Arcadia, where the low center table was set with cold cuts, assorted cheese, soft dinner rolls, sticky buns and Ciabatta bread, penne pesto with grilled chicken, and Richard's favorite Viennese Mocha Torte. A bottle of Shiraz was also chilling in the ice bucket. It was already 5:00 in the afternoon when she finished and called Richard's number.