Lime Blossom

Hello, hello....I 'm sorry for the late update, I am still high up on cloud nine from the Coldplay concert, and from watching it right beside our bibis. These two milestones in my life happen after I went through a traumatic personal event so pardon me if I'm emotional, haha.

To say I had a nice time is an understatement. Seeing Alden was surreal, he seems ethereally zen, like you would forget all your problems if he smiles at you. That's how potent he is. Maine is like a doll, she's so dainty and pretty, you will want to protect her. No wonder Alden is like that with her. To see them both in a Coldplay concert is surreal, especially when they're right beside me, photobombing everybody around them taking selfies. Ok I will stop now.

Anyway, this chapter starts showing the cracks of what will later evolve into a break of what seems to be a perfect relationship. The journey will be touch and go from hereon, so please bear with me, it might hurt, and I hope not too much.

Hope you like this short update. Let me know what you think okay? Enjoy :)

Richard was awake at dawn Milan time, feeling fulfilled and happy after last night's excitement. After Dei said yes, they had the fondant Tiffany box wrapped for takeaway because Dei felt it was too pretty to eat. They met his parents at the hotel to celebrate with champagne toasts their engagement. With them was Richard's sister Gianina and her husband Vito. Dei was a little shy at first, but the warmth of Richard's family was infectious, and soon she was chatting with Gianina as though they were old friends.

Richard watched how Vito was very attentive to Gianina, and how despite the number of years they were married, they still managed to act as sweet as newlyweds. He wanted that kind of relationship, where he and Dei would always be loving and giving of each other, where they would always put each other's needs first.

He stared at her ring, unable to believe that soon, she would be his. It was adorable how even in bed she refused to take the ring off. When he made love to her last night, she clung to him with so much passion and transparency of her feelings. He felt she truly loved him and he was forever thankful to have met someone so generous of her affection.

She stirred slightly, her thigh rubbing against his. In her sleep, she whispered his name with a slight smile on her lips, as though she were dreaming of him. He pulled her closer, burying his face in her fragrant shoulder, kissing his favorite part of her body. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him with her mouth covered by the blanket.

"Good morning Mrs. Faulkerson."

"Good morning, babe. Don't kiss me yet, I have morning mouth."

"I don't care," He said and proceeded to kiss her thoroughly, until one kiss led to another, and another.

-----

They wanted a December wedding, with the color of champagne as a motif. They refused to get a coordinator, because Dei wanted to make all the arrangements herself. Richard also refused to let her shoulder anything, wanting to unburden her of the expense.

Dei wanted Richard's mom to play a part in their wedding preparations. She knew Rose wanted to have a daughter, and found pleasure playing the part by depending on her for ideas that would make their wedding special.

Rose suggested murano glass rosaries as tokens, which they could order in advance in Italy and have them shipped to Manila. 

The hotel recommended them to a partner who had a source for reasonably priced rosaries that could give them a bulk discount

The hotel recommended them to a partner who had a source for reasonably priced rosaries that could give them a bulk discount. They also purchased bridal shoes and a bag for both Rose and Dei, a suit and shoes for Richard and his dad.

Dei was happy to be so readily accepted by Richard's family. But there was a part of her that felt like they were moving too fast. She and Richard had been together for only year, and now they were engaged. It kind of scared her to make such a big decision, but the rational part of her reasoned, Richard loved her so much, how bad would it be to marry him?

-----

They went back to Manila a week later, with Richard coaxing Dei to spend the night with him in his house. This would be the first night they would be sleeping apart, after sleeping together consistently for two weeks.

He was kissing her repeatedly, lingering kisses that made them want to take things a step further. But Richard did not want to take advantage of Dei, even though they were already sexually active. He wanted their lovemaking to be special, not something they would be doing on schedule or regularly.

"Dei, we're getting married already, why don't you move in with me? Don't you want to be with me more?"

"The truth, Jay? I don't want to be intimate with you in your house."

"But why?"

"It.......it's where you and Shayne........in your bed, you and Shayne....."

He got what she meant and he respected it. She refused to make love with him in a bed where he and Shayne used to make love.

"Ssshhh. I understand, sweetie. But I still miss being with you. Would you mind if I sometimes spend the night here?"

"No, Jay. I'd like that."

He spent more time with her in her condo, loving the feel of her spooned to him, waking up in the morning with her hugged against him. He liked that like him, she was neat and tidy with her things. Dei also took care of him well, she always had Vitamin C on hand, knowing he was prone to catching a cold when work prevents him from getting enough rest for consecutive nights.

One night, Richard came home from a late night shoot to see Dei crying.

"Dei......what's wrong?"

"Jay, it's been a month since we got back from Italy and I still haven't gotten my period. I'm never late."

"Do you want to see a doctor? I'll take you."

"I'm scared, Jay. Can we just try a home test kit first?"

"Ok, I'll get a few from the drug store. Take it easy."

He came back with five different kits. With cold and shaky fingers, she took the brown bag from him and went inside her bathroom to do her business. Fifteen minutes later, she came out.

"It's confirmed, Jay. I'm pregnant."