Yellow Rose

As promised, a second update today :)

How confident are you? At my age, I think I'm pretty comfy in my own skin, I've reached a point where I don't mind being criticized or judged because I already know myself well. I guess at a certain age you reach the maturity to transcend pleasing everyone and opt to be yourself.

But once upon a time, like Dei, I had a classmate who was effortlessly pretty and she made me feel like sh*t everytime we were together because I felt ugly beside her. My friend never knew she had that effect on me, and it made me so insecure of her. Years later, I am happily married and she is separated from her husband and children. Moral of the story: looks are not the key to happiness.

Shayne is every inch as beautiful as Dei imagines her to be, but she has her demons and baggage that keep her from being happy. So what would you prefer? To be a troubled but beautiful goddess or a lesser beauty but loved back by someone you love? The answer is obvious isn't it? Hit me with your thoughts, I'd love to hear from you :)

Richard's office was located in Palm Village, a two-storey house that had four rooms on the second level and a studio, conference room and reception area in the ground floor. There was a smaller house within the property where Richard and his partners held office. 

His artists were mostly on call freelancers, although he already had two graphic designers on payroll. Apart from the graphic designers, he had three account managers, two writers and Celeste, who handled both accounting and HR functions. It was a lean team but they were growing fast, he and his partners Harvey and Calvin were happy with the business coming in.

They worked with a talent agency to handle go-sees for them. Today, the agency was able to gather 20 females and 14 males for the go-see, to find three couples that would appear in the web series they were going to shoot, as a result of the Wattpad writers contest they launched for Frais toothpaste.

Dei looked excitedly around, wondering who among these people would make it to the final six. She fought tooth and nail for her programs, some were way ahead of the industry's practices. But her convincing power won over her management, and her gamble on digital marketing paid off. Their mouthwash now launched three more variants, and a toothpaste was being added to the Frais line of products, all to be promoted heavily on digital mode.

A familiar face stood out from the queue of guys waiting for their turn. Dei smiled upon seeing Andrew in the line-up.

Photo : Matthias Rhoads manilamatthias Instagram Account

"Dei........Where's the boyfie?" He kissed her on both cheeks and pinched her nose jokingly. She pinched him near the ribs, taking pleasure in his grimace of pain.

"Dru, whatever it is you're thinking, stop ok? I don't know if you're just teasing me or do you really take pleasure in tormenting me?"

He gingerly rubbed at the spot she pinched, pointing at himself with an innocent face.