Eglantine Rose

Photo: @aldenrichards02 Twitter account

Hello dear readers! I've missed being here in wattpad and interacting with you. I  promised to stay away from twitter and Wattpad as my version of fasting and am happy to be back. I hope you guys had a meaningful Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.

Can't wait to share with you the next few chapters, as we come closer and closer to the present, as it was shared on the prologue. I am glad so many of you already see how Dei's journey led her to a crucial decision that changed her life, and understand why she made that decision. Women are always faced with difficult decisions because of the social norms that have been set for us, and going against those norms earn for us judgement and unpopularity.

With this chapter comes an encouragement that it's ok for us (not just women) to make tough decisions even if  it is an unpopular choice, because more than anyone else, we know what is good for us. Getting married is a big leap and it should be made voluntarily by two mature individuals ready to share their lives with each other.

I hope you will like this chapter even if it's a sad one. It's the start of our fic-bibis growing up, so join me in this journey. Would love to hear from you, thanks for the comments in the last chapter, as always, you all give beautiful insights :)

Richard knew something was wrong but he was in denial. He believed that his love was strong enough for both of them, and if he showed Dei how strong this love was, they would be ok. After Shayne's visit to his parents' place, Dei was so quiet it scared him.

It was like they were walking on eggshells around each other. He was afraid to ask how she was because he was afraid of her answer. His mom warned him that he might need to postpone the wedding, but he didn't listen, confident that their feelings for each other were strong enough to surpass any hurdles. He debated with himself on her true emotional state, always finding something that eased his worries.

She attended the bridal shower Janelle set for her, and the pictures on her Facebook and Instagram pages were proof that she had a nice time. She still refused to talk about what happened with Shayne, and he stopped egging her on when he saw that she was beginning to get agitated with the mere mention of Shayne's name.

-----

Three days before the wedding, he and Dei went to the house he bought for her, to see the furniture installations. He was excited, their big day was coming and all he could think about was moving into this house after new year, and starting his new life with her.

"Do you like it, sweetie?" He was hugging her from behind, his mouth pressed to the back of her head. She nodded and turned around, hugging him close.

"I love you so much, Jay. You have no idea just how much," She said, her voice wobbling.

"I love you more, Dei. I would do anything for you."

She snuggled close to him, tightening her arms around his middle. He felt rather than saw her crying, her body shaking a little from trying to control her gasping for air. He now had to face the inevitable.

"Dei.......what is it?"

"I can't do this Jay. I can't marry you now."

"Calm down sweetie, it's only wedding jitters, everyone goes through that."

"No. I'm not ready Jay. I can't......Please.......Please believe me, I can't do this with you now."

"Dei. Talk to me. I will try to understand."