chapter 5 | the sister

(Author's POV)

" What do you mean you're his sister? Anthony doesn't have a sister. " Noah said, confidently. The elevator came to a stop on the 5th floor as Joe Bereta was about to walk in. Both looked at him in union and he just smiled.

" I'll take the next one. " He winked at Noah, causing him to roll his eyes at Joe, closing the elevator. " I'm literally his sister. Has he never told you? " Alexis asked, making hand motions.

" He told us he had no siblings. I've never once heard him mention 'Alexis Padilla'. "

When Noah said that, everything started to make sense in Alexis' head. The only reason she had never met Ian or any of the other Smosh members, was because he never mentionned her to them... Ever.

What was he trying to hide? Was he embarassed of me? She thought.

" Alexis? We're here. " Noah waved his hand infront of her face as the elevators opened. " Where's Anthony's office? " She asked, stepping out and looking around.

There was a lot of fanart on the walls, the Smosh logos everywhere. Then, from the corner of her right eye, she spotted some of the members from Smosh Games making their way to the elevator.

" On the right, the door that says 'Anthony'. " He instructed me. " Thanks. " She mumbled as she pushed past him, almost running towards his office.

" Woah. " Mari exclamed after she walked past her. " Geez, who's that? " Wes said. " And why was she so eager? " Lasercorn asked Noah.

" Anthony's sister. "

(Alexis' POV)

" Really? You've never mentionned me to anyone here? " I didn't mean to slam his door open, it just happened. " Lexi. " He sat up straight from his chair, a bit petrified.

" I just walked in here and they called code 9 on me. Whatever the frick that means. " I explained, a little angry.

I mean, I just learned my brother didn't mention me to anyone. Does he not want me around them? Did he really pretend 5 years didn't happen?

" Lexi, calm down. " He told me, shutting the door behind me, closing the blinds of his window door as well. " Am i that embarassing to have the blinds closed too? "

" You're not embarassing at all. What are you talking about? " He said, facing me. " Then why did they call code 9 on me, almost threw me out of here? And when Noah explained the 'fake sibling' thing about the fans, he told me that you told everyone you were an only child. "

" Because, you're such a mystery! You're happy one day that we're siblings but the next, you wished you never left your sister at your dad's. " He threw his hands up in the air.

" You tell me that you're so thankful that my mom took you in, but then you complain about not seeing Emi anymore! " He paused. " I can't win with you. I don't know what to say if they ever asked about the girl living in my appartement who isn't Miel. "

" You tell them I'm your sister! It's easy! " I raised my voice. " But it's not easy, Alexis! " He yelled back. " You were adopted because you fled because of an abusive man! You don't think people are gonna wanna know the details? " He asked.

" They don't need to know the details. " I lowered my voice. " But they do Lexi. They're my best friends, family basically. When we open up about things, we have to say it all so they understand. "

" Just say your mom wanted another child, that's it. " I suggested. " But that's lying, Lexi. Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell them about you but I wasn't sure how to adress it. " He sighed.

" Whatever, just give me your keys. My purse is in your car and I needed my keys. " He took out his keys from his pocket and tossed them at me. I turned my back to him, heading towards the door.

" Just leave them at the front desk, tell them i'll get it at lunch. " I nodded my head, swinging the door open.

When I opened the door, four people dropped to the floor, probably from having their ear agaisnt the door, peeping our talk.

Well, they know me now.