chapter 27 | the teasing

" So, I hear a certain Shayne Topp has a date on friday. " Wes teased Shayne at coffee maker of the office.

" Ouh! Who with? " Mari joined in the conversation. " Just the boss' little sister. " Anthony called from the fridge. " You're okay with this? " Wes asked surprised.

" Well, he's on probation. " He put his arm around Shayne's neck, " But I have faith in him that he won't hurt her, so. " Shayne smiled at Anthony. " Wow, thanks. I really appreciate it. "

" When did all of this happen? " Wes asked him as he sipped his coffee. " The date or the feelings? " Shayne asked. " Both ? "

" The feelings, I would say when I crashed at their place for a bit, because of the plumming problems at my house. We were watching a movie, and I fell asleep. I woke up in the morning and she had made me breakfest. And then she did it everyday till I went back home. " He smiled, reminiscing those mornings.

" Shayne? Are you up? " Alexis called from the door of Shayne's guest room. He let out a small 'hm' sound and to her it was yes.

" I made you breakfest, cause I know you guys have been working a lot this week with Noah being gone. " She entered the room with a tray of pancakes, milk, syrup and a small bowl of fruit.

Shayne sat up from the bed and his jaw dropped. " Wow, I've never had this. Wow, this is-" he was basically speechless. He stood up and opened his arms for a hug. She set the tray down and she gladly hugged him, and they hugged for a small while there. Probably enjoying each other's company, the feelings starting.

" That's the cutest thing I've heard. " Wes commented, " That was like a few weeks ago. Man, you kept it all this time? " Anthony asked him. " I didn't know how to. " He said, embarassingly. 

" Shayne embarassed? This is a first. " Mari said, making his cheeks go red. " Red is a good color on you, my dude. " Sohinki pointed it out, while walking in to get coffee.

" He's blushing cause we're talking about him and Alexis. " Sohinki turned around immediately and gave him a small look. " Well, didn't know that there was a Shayne & Alexis. "

" There isn't. We're just going on a date! " He said loudly while laughing, trying to shake off the embarassement. " Who's going on a date with who now? " Joven came strolling in to get coffee as well. Bare with them, it was 9 am.

" Him and his little sister. " Wes pointed to Anthony and Shayne. Joven gave him a nod like he was approving his choice.

" I'm going to my desk. " Shayne said, laughing. " Oh come on, we're having fun teasing you! " Wes called out. Shayne flipped them off and they all laughed.

" Well hello mister-I-have-a-date-with-the-hottest-Alexis. " Courtney joked. " Not you guys too. " He sat in his chair. " No, don't worry we won't tease you about it. "

" Not until after the date, at least. " Olivia added. He rolled his eyes at the two girls. " Keith, what are you working on over there? " She asked Keith, who was sitting at his desk, typing profusely.

" I'm not. I'm looking for flights online. " All three of them looked at Keith. " Um, did you get a job as an actor and quitting suddenly without speaking to us? "

" No, but I'm going to visit the one who did. " Keith said, slightly closing his computer screen. They all shook their head and returned to their work.

" I know you guys are mad at Noah and he's really sorry. " Keith stood up from his chair, walking to the middle the room. " If he was, he would called us to explain himself instead of you having to always say 'Noah wants me to tell you that..' " Courtney said bitterly. "Can't you guys forgive him? "

" Forgive him? Right now, we're far from forgivness. We're working way more than before because we have to fill in his work. " Shayne said.

" And he left without saying goodbye. That really sucks. " Olivia seemed the most hurt. She had been working with him the longest. Of course she was.

" But he's not worth our time anymore. He's gonna become super big and famous. He betrayed us and I can't look at him the same anymore. " Olivia added.  " You guys.. "

" Keith, we're happy you guys still talk. But, when he's rich and famous and he's gonna be out all the time with his famous actors friends, where are you gonna be? Not with them. "

Shayne's words were harsh, but they were true. Well, to Olivia and Courtney, not to him. He didn't say anything, he just sat back down at his desk, continuing to look for flights.

He didn't want to admit that Shayne was maybe right, but he knew Noah. He wouldn't do that to him. They were best friends, brothers almost.

Right?