chapter 37 | the apologies

Anthony and Ian's jaws dropped as soon as they realised who was the figure standing in front of them.

" Noah. "

" Dude, it's Noah. "

" I can see that it's Noah. "

The girls backed out slowly, shutting the door on the way out. " They didn't really have an idea to pitch to us, did they? " Ian asked him, approaching him slowly. " No, not really. "

It didn't even take a second for both Ian and Anthony to literally fling himself onto Noah. " You punk, never fucking leave us again. " Anthony cursed at him, both bosses holding him a tight embrace. Noah almost cried as the nice welcoming.

" You jerk, what were you thinking about leaving me the letter to read without a warning? " Ian said, pulling away, wipping his tears from his eyes.

" I'm sorry. " Was all he managed to say to them. Anthony pulled away and they directed him to sit on the couch.

" How's the movie? " Ian asked, starting to make conversation. " I quit. "

" You what? " Both of them said at the same time.

" I didn't want to be there, the famous life ruined my social life. It might have been my calling but it doesn't mean I had to answer the phone. " He started.

" So you just quit because it was ruinning you? " Anthony asked.

" No, because it was wrong to leave. I didn't feel good within myself. I shouldn't have tooken my fear of you, " He pointed to Anthony, " that far. I shouldn't have left or quit or even ran away to a new job when I still had this one. "

" That was a dick move. " Ian slapped him across the chest, " But at least you're here now. "

" I want to fully apologize for everything. I'm sorry I let the squad channel go down, I'm sorry that I left with your sister, that wasn't my intention, I didn't realise she was going to go insane about us... I'm sorry I caused her so much pain. "

He started to go off on what he did wrong with Alexis, not with them.

" Sorry, that's for Alexis. " He stopped himself, " I'm really sorry I quit and that I let you both down. I should have never let a girl, well she isn't any girl, get in between my work and my social life. I mean, she's really great and I wish her and Shayne the best, I didn't mean like she isn't worth giving up things for. Well, yes but not my job. "

" You came back because of her. " Ian told him. " No, I came back because I wasn't happy with my life over there. I knew no one, my friends hated me and lies were spread to those who I cared about the most. "

The two older boys looked at the young one speak truly from the bottom of his heart. He was too sincere.

" It was my own fault, for everything. It was douche move of me to do, I shouldn't have left. You scared me and since you're basically my work place, I was terrified of you. "

" I mean it was also a dick move of Anthony to have beat you up. " Ian said, now Anthony's turn to hit across the chest.

" No, I totally understand why he did it. He was protecting his sister and I definetely get it, I would totally beat someone up too if I could if I didn't have a good vibe about him. "

" It's not that I didn't have a go- No, no, you don't have to explain yourself. I came here to explain myself and apologize. " Noah cut him off.

" Well, Noah.. you don't have to explain yourself either. We were just upset with you, for leaving suddenly without talking about it to others. You made a quick decision and you weren't even fired from your old job before you went there. "

" I'm just really sorry. I wanted you guys to know that. " Noah said, getting up from the sofa. " Where are you going? " Ian asked him.

" I'm gonna go home. That's all I came here to do. " He said, reaching for the door.

" You're not gonna ask for your job back? " Anthony asked. Noah let go of the door handle, turning around to meet his peers.

" You guys would want me back? " Noah was surprised but looked hopeful. " I mean, we would have to talk to everyone else first and make sure it's okay. But you can slowly start coming back. "Anthony said.

" I don't think the Squad removed your desk yet from their office, you could probably just go ahead and say hi to Keith and Shayne, since the girls know you're back. " Ian added.

Which in Anthony's mind, he wasnt gonna allow that, knowing Shayne didn't enjoy Noah's face at the moment.

" Or let us talk to everyone before we start getting their hopes up. " Anthony interrupted. Noah nodded his head in understandement and smiled at his former bosses.

" We'll get back to you. It's great to see you back here man, really missed yah. " Ian and Anthony both got up again and gave him a hug, before the two girls walked back in to sneak him back out.

They looked at each and exhaled deeply.

" I feel relieved. Like life is making sense again. " Ian said. " I'm happy that he's back. I'm just worried about Shayne. He isn't in the best terms with Noah right now. "

" Why? " Ian asked Anthony, furrowing his eyebrows. " I mean, he is protective over Lexi, I guess he doesn't want to see the one that hurt her most before him. "

" Shayne won't do anything. He's a smart guy, either way they're going to be coworkers again. They're gonna get along again, eventually. " Ian hoped, now thinking about the situation clearly.

" Are you ready to talk about it with the rest of the crew? " Anthony asked, getting his phone out, ready to type a new email.

Ian took inhaled deeply and smiled. " Ready. "

IMPORTANT MEETING WEDNESDAY @9:30 : SMOSH GAMES, SMOSH SQUAD, CREW AND STAFF | regarding members, schedueles and uploads on the channel

Sent.