chapter 48 | the limit

" I've had it up to here with these stupid things you make up by yourself! " Alexis screamed at Shayne. They were in his appartement (that he shares with Keith) after the long day of filming.

They were supposed to be having a nice dinner but Shayne said one comment about her scene and one thing led to another, they started to argue.

" Do you not trust me? " She added after. " Of course I do. But, it just see- no, if you did believe, there wouldn't be a 'but'. " She crossed her arms over her chest.

He sighed and kept cooking their food, not answering her. Because deep down, he knew she was right.

" That kiss was just intense. " He said. " It's called acting. You did it a few times in the videos and I haven't said anything about it. " She told him. " Because we weren't together. "

She shook her head because she couldn't believe him right now. She was frustrated with the situation that he would always bring up.

" I'm just scared, you're gonna go back to him. " He said quietly from the stove area. " Shayne, I swear on my life I love you and only you. " He smiled.

" But you're making it so hard to stay with you. " He stopped mixing the pot of pasta sauce and looked up at her. " I'm done trying to prove myself that there's nothing between me and Noah. And, if you constantly have to question my every move, then I'm done. "

She stood up from the stool behind the kitchen counter and got her bag from the table. He closed the stove and followed her towards the doors.

" What do you mean 'you're done'? " He asked her, as she put on her shoes. " Like, there's some things you still have to work on. The lack of confidence you have for me is what's pushing me away. "

" I do trust you, Lexi. Please don't leave. " He begged. " I'm just stupid. I trust you. " He pulled her into his arms to hug her but she didn't react.

" No Shayne. I want you to fully trust me. Without questionning if my love for you. Without having to ask Mari if Noah was at her house when I go there. You have to let whatever you're thinking about, go. "

" How am I supposed to do that when I know you're married to him? You can go back to him whenever you want! " He snapped. " I knew it. "

" Well geez Lexi, what do you want me to say? The girl I'm in love with is married to another guy because back then, she loved him. " He argued. She sighed and she didn't even try and fight back.

The month that they spent back together, there would always be constant bickering about what she was doing and with whom. She couldn't take it anymore when he kept questionning the spring break party.

" I love you. But, I think we should have waited the nine months to be together again. " She removed herself from his arms, kissing him one last time and she left.

Left forever? Who knows. This was there second breakup in the span of 6 months together.

Shayne mentally kicked himself for being so selfish, so stupid. He let the girl of his dreams go once again, and it was all his fault.

Alexis walked out at the same Keith and Noah pulled into the driveway.

" Hi Keith. " She smiled as he walked his way towards the front door. " Hey pretty lady. " He smiled.

" Need a ride home? " Noah said from the driver side. " Yes please. I don't want to walk. " She accepted the offer, going to the passenger's side.

" You seem upset. What's up? " He lowered the volume of the radio, reversing onto the street. " I think I just broke up with Shayne. "

" Woah. What? What happened? I didn't know you were having problems. " He said, shocked. Because it was true.

They seemed like such a couple that never fought, they were always happy with each other. They were always laughing and cuddling and he always did the sweetest things for her when they were away but, guess behind closed doors is what we don't see.

" He doesn't trust me and it took a toll on me. So, I left. " She explained to Noah. " That's heavy. I'm sorry that happened. "

She shrugged. " It was bound to happen. We've been fighting a lot since the whole marriage thing. " Noah fell silent, he now felt it was his fault.

" I know that look. It's not your fault. If anything, it's my fault too. " She chuckled.

They spent the rest of the drive playing songs and enjoying the L.A traffic, before reaching her place.

" So I won't be seeing you around the office this week anymore? " She shook her head. " But, you're still coming friday right? "

" Yeah, I will. It will probably be my only chance to see you. " He laughed. She smiled and got out of the car. " Thanks for the ride, Noah. Catch you later. "

She walked in the house, Anthony and Miel were in the kitchen making dinner.

" How is our new little extra? " Anthony smiled at his sister. " I'm fine. I broke up with Shayne. " She said so casually, getting a water bottle from the fridge.

" Woah, are you okay? You want to talk? " Miel asked her. She shook her head and sat beside her. " It's just wasn't working out. I mean, he doesn't trust me. It's something that super important in a relationship. "

" I'm sorry. " Anthony said. " It's okay. If we were meant to be, it will happen. "

And then it hit her. Her sadness finally hit her. She realized that she lost Shayne, and even if it was for the best for her, she now regretted it.

It was her truly her first love and she lost it. Even if it lasted only 6 months. And they fought. She truly loved Shayne.

" Give it time. Maybe you guys rushed into getting back together the first time that you didn't have enough time to think. " Miel shrugged. " I can talk to Shayne about it if you want. " Anthony added.

" Cause I can see you're thinking face. And you're thinking about getting back together with him already. " He chuckled.

" No, I'm just gonna let it go. Maybe it was a sign. "

Hold on tight, because this was going to be bumpy ride. It's gonna be nine months of drama. More than what Alexis would be able to take.