chapter 69 | the lunch with smosh games

Smosh Games walked in to the Squad's studios, to have lunch with the Squad. They all greeted each other, happily as the scents of diverse meals started to grow in the room. 

" Where's Shayne? " Wes asked, sitting beside Courtney. " He got sick, last night. " Keith answered, peeking over at what he was having for lunch. 

" He's been sick a lot lately. I'm surprised that the bosses let him off that often. " Joven said, heating up his food in the microwave.  " I mean, he misses one Friday every month so it's not that bad. " Keith shrugged. He nodded his head, agreeing.

" How's the fiancé? " Lasercorn asked Noah. " She's doing good, I think. " He answered his elder. Everyone turned their heads towards Noah and looked at him confuse. " You don't know how your fiancé is doing? " 

" Now that I think of it, I haven't spoken to Lexi in a full day, either. " Mari said, chewing her fork. " Well, she's been living with Emily for like the past two weeks. " 

" You guys don't talk? That's kind of unhealthy to your relationship, you don't think? " Olivia asked. Everyone who talk to her on a regular started to noticed the lack on interaction that they had together. 

" We talk, we talk. Just not like usual, I think she came back home twice in the last two weeks. " Noah put down on his bowl food, realizing that things didn't add up. Why did she only come home twice?

" Does anyone else see the problem here? " Everyone raised their hands. " I rest my case. " 

" I mean, a 40 minute drive back and forth, twice a day is tiring. Especially when sh-" Courtney cut him off. She knew exactly what he was gonna say.

" You can't keep using the excuse that 'she wants to make lost time with Emily.' I get it, I do. " She paused, " But not coming home in two weeks? What is she even doing there? It's like a mental hospital. They don't have any freedom. " Courtney looked towards him. 

" I'm with Court, on this one. " Sohinki chose a side. Other members also nodded. " I think you guys are over thinking this. " He closed the tupper ware of his lunch. He had lost his appetite. 

" No, WE think you're under thinking it. " Mari confessed. This was her best friend they were all talking about. 

Noah stood up from his chair, packed his lunch and looked at them. 

" I don't need you guys telling me how to run my relationship. " And he left the studios, going to eat away from them. 

" I just think it's funny that whenever she goes missing, so does Shayne. " Flitz said so casually, no one really did anything about it. He was the one of the group to always say things that made sense to them, that was so controversial that it didn't need to be discussed cause they all had the same opinion.

This was one of the time that they should have talked about it. 

" How does Shayne get sick? We live in Cali, it's always beautiful out. " Joven asked, " Beats me. I don't live with him anymore. " Keith said, repositioning his hat. 

" Oh, speaking about Shayne, he wanted me to tell you guys, " Keith said, " Party at his place tomorrow night. House warming party for his new place. " 

" But if he's sick, can we really party? " Wes asked, " Yeah. Alcohol will probably drain the germs out of his body. " 

They all exchanged cools and other cheers, because there was finally going to be another Smosh party. 

And let me tell you, it's gonna be one hell of a party. 

" Lexi, you can't keep hiding away from everyone. You have to talk to someone, anyone. " Shayne pleaded Alexis from outside of the bedroom door. 

" I talk to you, don't I? " She asked, wiping away her tears. She was sitting on the floor inside of the room, pressed against the door so Shayne couldn't go in. " Someone in the situation. " 

" You know me, I don't tell anyone, anything. This is the same thing. " He sighed at her stubbornness. " Please. " He begged her. 

She knew she couldn't see him but she still shook her head. 

" I know you're saying no. But, I'll find a way to make you talk to someone. There's got to be something. You're hurting but think about those that you are hurting by not telling them. " 

" What they don't know, won't hurt them. " She said. " They're gonna find out. Trust me. Now, please open the door. "  

She finally gave in and stood up, unlocking the door. Shayne ran in and saw the mess that she had created. Crayons, papers everywhere. The bedsheets undone and on the floor. Her face wasn't too clean either - she had mascara stains falling down her face. 

" Lexi.. " 

" Don't give me pity. I don't want it. I deserve it after all, I was a terrible sister to Emily. " She said, looking towards the walls of pictures. " Stop saying that. You're so good with her. " 

" I was. " She corrected him. He sighed, he couldn't win with her. " Come here. " He gestured her to move closer. He took her in his arms and she just started crying again. 

" You have to tell someone, Lexi. I can't keep hiding out with you. I have to go to work. " Shayne felt bad, but it had been almost a week and she was hiding out. She was running away from the problem rather then confronting it. 

" You're right. " She said, wiping her tears, getting out of his arms. Shayne looking at her in shock at how fast she toughened up. 

She packed her bag she had there and left, without turning back or saying a word to Shayne.