chapter 62 | the us

(A/N : THANK YOU FOR 1K READS 😭)

" Lex, wake up. We have another scan in an hour. "

Noah gently woke up Alexis from her sleep.

" Can't you go for me? " She whined from the bed. " Not really, I don't have the fetus inside of me to look at. " He laughed. She put her arm out for him. He assumed that she wanted help to get up, but she gestured him to lay down again.

" Cuddle me. " She frowned at him. He laughed at her whining, but proceeded to lay beside her. He took her in his arm and snuggled his chin into the crook of her neck.

" Your belly is starting to pop. " He said as he wrapped his arms around her waist. " You think so? I'm only 8 weeks. " She felt her belly but didn't feel such a thing.

They laid quietly as they heard the birds chirping outside.

" I love you. "

Alexis' eye fluttered open again, as she was trying to go back to sleep. She turned around to face Noah and he was bitting his lip. He was nervous, she could tell not only by his nervous bitting lip thing he does but also by his very loud heartbeat.

She smiled widely and kissed him passionately. " I love you too. " He pressed lips agaisnt hers again and smiled within the kiss.

" Can we talk about us? " He asked, pulling away from her lips. " I think we should. " She sat up, patting the bed beside her. Noah came to sit on the edge with her.

" Why do we keep telling people we're taken? " He asked, " Without talking with each other? " She chuckled. " I guess, we were so hooked on the hype of a baby and the moving in, we kinda just assumed already. "

" So that makes you my girlfriend? " He placed his hand on her thigh. " Only if that makes you my boyfriend. " She smiled, kissing him once more.

This kiss was filled with a new found love and passion. They fell back onto the bed, laughing like two love birds, madly in love.

And that's where we will leave them.

" Noah coming in today? " Keith asked the two girls in the office. " Nope, he has an appointement with Lexi. He said maybe after that. "

" Can you believe that after all that happened, they're the ones that ended up together? " Courtney said after Olivia answered.

" I always knew that he would find someone, I just didn't think it would be our boss' little sister. " Keith answered. " I really thought it was Shayne and her till the end. "

" Court, that's kind of rude. " Olivia defended Noah. " They're not here, they won't know. "

" Where is Shayne by the way? " Olivia asked Keith. " He left early this morning, I'm not sure where but he took a bag of clothes and left. "

" So, it's just us three today? " Courtney put her feet up on her desk. " Looks like it. " Keith doing the same.

" Not so fast kids, " Lasercorn came strolling in, " You guys are in our stream today. " He handed them a paper of instructions for a game.

" Since you guys are missing two of your crew, and three of ours have to film something else, you're the replacements. " He instructed the young ones.

" So charge up your phones and see you at 1:30! " He left the office, leaving the Squad no time to react and just accept it.

" You doing better now, Emily? " Nurse Betty asked her. " I want Shaynie. " She cried into her arms. " I know, I know. He's in traffic but he's coming. "

Emily had another panic attack this morning. A new resident walked into her room while she was sleeping, and went to take out the trash. I mean, that happens every week so it doesn't bother her. But what did bother her, was the fact that the resident look too much like her father and she freaked.

" Hey, hey. It's okay, I'm here now. " Shayne came running in Emily's room. He dropped his bag and sat on the floor, as she ran into his arms.

Betty left them alone as he tried comforting in the best way he could. Usually, a simple phone call would work but this time, she wanted him physically there.

" You want to tell me what happened? " He asked, wiping her tears away. She shook her head and sat into his lap, laying her head on his chest.

" Alright, it's okay. I get that you're upset. " He played with her hair, rubbing her back up and down, calming her down. She stopped crying and that was already good.

They sat on the floor of her room for a good half an hour, as he got her to breathe normally again and relax. Within that time, she laughed and giggled as Shayne would poke her nose to light up the mood.

" Shayne, " Betty called from the door, " It's time for her therapy. " He nodded his head and lifted Emily onto her feet. " Can I take her there? I just feel like it would be best. " He asked Betty as he stood up as well.

" Of course. Take the elevator to level 3 and her room therapist is in room 307. " Betty smiled and left them alone.

" I got you a little something when I can't be here for you. " He told her and picked his bag up from the floor. He took out a plushed llama tot with a blue bow, handing it to her.

She gasped and jumped excitedly. She hugged his leg because he was just that tall. " Thank you Shaynie!! " He smiled down at her, grabbing her hand and walking towards the elevator.

" You remember what to do, right? " He crouched down again to her size. She nodded her head and she took her new llama from his hands. " Just tell her how you're feeling and what happened this morning, okay? I'll be here when you finish. "

She gave him one last hug before he knocked on the door. The therapist welcoming her. She let go of his hand and walked into the small room. They did a normal run down of the process of this session before he headed back towards her room.

He walked back into the room, cleaning up a few things. He then proceeded to lay down on the bed and just chilled on his phone to waste time before he had to go get her again. Usually, the session lasted an hour.

The door opened suddenly as a figure was behind it. He was not expecting anyone till way later for supper. He gasped when he saw the new visitor.

" Shayne? "