chapter 65 | the move out

" It's pretty spacious for one person, you don't think? " Alexis said from the doorway, looking at Shayne unpack a few boxes. 

" What are you doing here? " He stopped doing what he was doing and walked over to her, giving her a quick hug. " Thought you would enjoy a house warming gift. " She presented him a small cactus. 

" Geez, where should I put it? " He looked around the empty room. " How did you find my new place? " He asked, setting the cactus down on the floor. " Keith told me you moved to be closer to home. That only meant you moved closer to Emi. " 

" Still doesn't answer my question? " He laughed. " Oh, I went to see Emi this morning and asked Betty if she knew where you lived. She did and here I am. " She smiled at him. 

" How did Keith take it? " She asked. " He's okay with it. I was almost never home anyways so it doesn't change much. " He guided her through his new appartement towards the kitchen. 

" It's pretty nice. Again, a lot of rooms for one person, no? " She asked again. " I mean, the master bedroom is mine, then I'll have a guest room for when my family or friends come to visit. So it all works out. " He explained. 

Shayne moved out of Keith's place to a appartement in the middle of his work and of the orphanage. He did mainly to save money and gas. Instead of doing a 40 minute drive, he would do a 20 minute one. 

" Well, I'm happy for you. And I'm really thankful that you moved to be closer to Emily. You didn't need to do that. " She sat up on the counter of his kitchen. I don't know why she always does that. 

He leaned back onto the opposite side of the counter, looking at her. 

" She's like my little sister. A little bundle joy. I want to be at her side whenever I can. " He smiled. " You're a better sibling than I ever was. I left her alone in that house and I never helped her to find a family. " 

" You're not a bad sister. You just moved on with your life and you didn't want anything to do with your past. I get it. " Shayne said, remembering some of the talks he had with Emily's therapist. 

" It's very normal of Alexis to all of sudden deny a part of her life. She doesn't want to remember about it, she hates it and she hates him. And that's okay. Coming back here to see her, just remind her about the life she lived. " The therapist told Shayne.

" But how about Emily? Isn't she getting punished by Alexis' denial? " She shook her head. " She's doing fine here. She has a nice family of nurses. Beside, she also has an older brother who cares for her a lot, now. " She referred to him. 

" I don't want you to think that I hate my sister. I love her so much and I miss her. I just, I can't go back there sometimes. " He nodded his head, taking in her confession. She put her head down to hide the tears of guilt she had in her eyes. 

Shayne realized her small sniffles and he walked towards her. He put his arms around her thighs that were on the counter, and pressed his head against hers. 

" Don't cry. It's okay. You can come with me when I go see her later. Take back some of the moments you lost. " He whispered to her. She cried a little more and he put her head up with his hands. 

" It's okay. She still loves you, as much as she did before. " He told her, as he wiped away her tears with his thumbs. " It's not that, " 

He looked at her with a confused look. 

" I'm not ready for this baby. " She admitted. " I can barely take care of my own sister, how about my own daughter? " She cried. It was the first time she confessed to someone about her actual thoughts on her pregnancy. 

" Did you tell Noah about this? " She shook her head. " Lexi, you have too. " 

" We really wants this baby but not for the right reasons. " She confessed. " I'm scared to be a mom, Shayne. I'm too young for this. "

He held her in his arms, as she cried into the crook of his shoulder. 

Not once did she ever confine in Mari or Anthony with this information. She had kept it in all this time, because she loved Noah. 

" Did you tell anyone about this? " He asked her after a few moments. " You're the only one to know. "

" Why? " He asked her. " Because I want this baby, I really do. I can't wait to dress her up. But I'm terrified. I'm scared I'm gonna look stupid in public with her. " 

" Lexi, you're gonna be a great mother. Don't worry about that. " He said, pushing a strand of hair out of her face. He got to see those once bright blues eyes filled with life, now tired and terrified filled with tears. 

" You're just scared because this is your first child. And that's normal. So all of this, is nonsense. It's nothing. " He reassured her. She wrapped her arms and legs around him, holding him tight. 

He just let her cry in his arms, not moving. He ran his hand up and down her back, trying to soothe her exactly how he does with Emily. 

" You think she would like this one? " Noah asked Mari and Anthony. " Too big of a stone. "

" This one's nice. " Mari pointed one out. " But, the price isn't. " She moved along the store.

They were all in a jewelry store, looking at rings. Noah was going to properly propose to Alexis. 

They had been looking at the rings for half an hour now. He wanted to find the perfect one, to symbolise their love. 

" This is the one. " Anthony said as he saw a diamond heart ring. He knew his sister always wanted a ring that had a heart, the fact that it was a diamond one, was a bonus. 

" You're her brother, you would know her taste. " Noah looked at the ring, also in awe. " That's beautiful. I'll take this one. "

" I can't believe this is happening. Our lives are getting so crazy. " Mari said, looking at the guys. " You think? I'm 20, getting engaged and have a baby on the way! " 

They all laughed, enjoying each other's presence. No one knowing about the things that would be coming their way.