chapter 51 | the hangover

The phone rang loudly at noon, the following day. The pair groaned at the sudden awakening, the headache already starting.

" Answer your phone, Lex. "' Noah whined while rubbing his eyes before sitting up straight.

" Is Noah at your place? " Mari spoke immediately as she answered.

" Morning Mari, how are you doing? "

" It's noon, Lexi. " She corrected her, Alexis shot up straight, " Is Noah at your place? " She panicked.

" No, why? " She answered. She knew Mari was going to get mad at her for everything, so she lied.

" Don't lie to me, Alexis. " Oh crap. The full name.

" He brought me home. And that's it. " Noah looked at her a bit confused as he put on his glasses.

" Three, "

" Oh god, not the countdown. I'm not Courtney. " She got out of bed, pasting around the room.

" Two. " Why was Alexis even lying ?

" That's not gonna work with me. " She said confidently, it wasn't going to take over her.

" One. "

" Okay, yes he's here! He slept over last night! " She exclaimed into the phone.

" How could you be so insentive, Lexi? Are you trying to cause more drama? " Mari scolded her over the phone.

" Look, I'm gonna pick up Noah now. His mom showed up, trying to surprise him but I didn't realize he wasn't home. I'll talk to you later. "

And with that, she hung up the phone.

She threw the phone on the bed, exhaling loudly. She looked at Noah, he had his hands over his eyes.

" You're naked, Lex. " She didn't even realize it. Embarassed, she took the blanket off her and wrapped herself in it. Noah standing up quickly, to put on his boxers since the blanket was hiding him.

" Well, Mari is coming to get you. She said your mom was trying to surprise you. " He didn't react. He just stared at her. They looked around the room and saw the mess of their clothes.

Do they even remember it?

" What happened last night? " Alexis asked, scratching her head from the headache that was slowly starting. He grabbed his phone from the bedside table because he remembered snapchatting.

" I guess, a lot. " He said, playing his story. She walked over to him and looked down at his phone as well. " Guess that's how we ended up like this. " She said, as he played the last snap.

They got dressed in silent. Not sure if it was awkward for them or if their headaches were just too hard to handle.

" Why is it, when we party together, we're always hooking up? " Alexis broke the silence as she walked him to her front door to wait for Mari. " I'm not sure. " He chuckled.

" Do you have advil at home? " He shook his head and Alexis went to bathroom to grab some, from her medecine cabinet. " Should help the headache. "