chapter 44 | the 'i love you'

" I may have told everyone you were moving out of Olivia's place, back into your old one. " Mari came running in the office.

" You what?! " Noah yelled. Everyone wasn't back from the lunch break.

" A few of us saw you with Lexi driving away, and, and, and I panicked. I'm sorry! " She stuttered. " I don't have anywhere else to go, Mari. "

" I know, I know. You can crash at mine until you actually find a house or something. " She suggested. " Might take you up on that offer. " He said, it wasn't like he had a choice.

She apologized again and she went back to the Smosh Games studio. He sat in his chair at his desk alone, playing with a bouncy ball that was laying around.

" You and Lexi seemed pretty heated up. " Ian said walking in. " Huh? What do you mean by that? " Noah stopped throwing the ball in the air.

" Yeah, I saw you with Lexi in the car too. You guys looked like you were having an intense argument. " Shayne came walking in. Shit. Noah got nervous. He didn't know what to says to him. He seemed upset.

" I, yeah. No, it's nothing. We just talked about you actually. " He pointed to Shayne. " Me? "

" Well this took a twist. " Ian sat in the couch, listening in to the conversation. " She just wanted to know what I told you, and she asked for advice since she knew we talked a lot now. " He lied amazingly. The two other boys surprised.

" Wow. Thank you Noah. " He smiled, giving Noah a small hug. " Nice to see you two friends again. " Ian clapped their backs as he went out the door.

Noah dug himself into a bigger hole of lies than just a marriage and moving out.

(Alexis' POV)

Typically on a tuesday night, I'd be working out or doing homework. Tonight, I put all of that to the side as I wanted to relax and keep my mind at peace after what happened today.

I was just watching Riverdale on Netflix in the living when there was knock at the door. Probably Anthony who always seems to forget his keys.

" I'm gonna have to make you spare key- Shayne. "

Shayne. My Shayne. He was standing in front me. At my door. A 5'o'clock shadow on his face, dark circles under his eyes as a sign of lack of sleep.

All of my worries suddenly leaving my body.

" Can I come in? " He asked, I nodded my head rapidly, moving away from the door. My heart was beating really fast and if he couldn't hear it, then he must be just as nervous as me.

" What, hum, brings you here? " I asked him, leading him to the living room where I was watching. I paused my show and stood in the middle of the room, like 2-3 meters away from him.

" I miss you. " He sighed. " I really miss you. "  He walked closer towards me.

" From spending countless hours dancing around this living room while you're supposed to be doing work, to laying in bed with you even though we're late for work. " He spoked gently.

This felt right. Him being back, talking to me, felt right. A small part of the hole in my heart starting to patch itself up.

" I love you. "

The hole in my heart literally completly back together at this point.

I walked towards him, my emotions taking over and literally leaping into his arms. My lips immediately latching onto his.

I'm pretty sure it was a genuine passionate kiss. It felt so perfect. He put me down slowly and his hands found it's way around my waist. My arms wrapping around his neck.

We stayed here, in this spot for quite some time. Time felt like it stopped. Forehead to forehead, looking into each other eyes, smiling widely.

" I take that you miss me too. " He chuckled. He pulled me up into a bride style and he brought me over to my bedroom. He placed me softly on the bed and laid beside me.

" You're crazy if you came back after all the drama. " I told him as he might not know most of it but he knows enough. " It's because I'm crazier about you. "

I'm pretty sure he could hear my heart at this point, the butterflies were fully present in my stomach.

" I love you, Shayne. " I said, staring into his eyes again. I will never get over those blue eyes.

" Can we forget about this stupid break? And ju- Yes. " I didn't even need to hear him say the rest of the phrase. All I needed to know was that he wanted to get back together.

" Good. " He pecked my lips. " Great. " I pecked his.

I'll save all the cheesiness for another time. We were happy, we were together again and I felt a bit lighter on the shoulders. There was still the whole married thing I had to tell him about but, I didn't want to ruin the moment.

So we'll save that for another day too. I just wanted to enjoy my time I had with Shayne.

(Anthony's POV)

" Lexi, we have to talk. " I yelled as soon I got into the house. The house was quiet, too quiet.

She was home from school since her car was there, so were her shoes. Weird. Usually at this time, she's doing homework or she's watching some TV show.

I walked into the living room and her show was on pause, but she was no where to be seen.

" Lexi? " I called out, walking towards our hallways of rooms.

I opened her bedroom door slightly and just saw her feet on her bed. As a big brother, I thought it would be funny to wake her up.

I almost slammed the door open until I saw Shayne on the other side of her. He was holding her in his arms and he was fast asleep too.

" No way. " I said in shock, but also pretty happy. I took a quick a picture cause I had to show everybody.

I shut the door again because I knew that a) they haven't been sleeping so they deserved it. And b) they probably just fixed things up between them and I didn't want to ruin it for them.

Guess I wasn't in a teen drama after all.