chapter 59 | the doubt

(A/N: I'm just making filler chapters at the moment because I don't want all the drama to happen all at once! So the next chapters are a bit less detailed.)

" I really didn't expect that. " Ian said, putting away some chairs. " It really was a surprise, can't believe Anthony has been hiding it all this time. " Miel looked at her boyfriend with a small chuckle.

" We wanted to tell everyone ourselves before she started to show. " Noah said.

It was Ian, Pam, Miel, Joven, Sohinki, Courtney, Keith and Olivia. They all stayed over to help clean up.

" Well congratulations. I think you guys are going to be great parents. " Joven smiled, but he already knew. Well, he had an idea because of the whole huge hole in the wall at the office.

" Thanks Joven, means a lot. " Noah smiled at his older peer. Alexis was in the corner, on her phone. She looked a little distressed.

" Is she okay? " Courtney asked. " She's been sick a lot and she's also tired from all of the hype and new changes to her body. " He explained.

But on the other hand, Alexis was texting Mari. She was mass texting her dilemma that was Shayne.

From Mari 💜 : I thought you were over him?
To Mari 💜 : I am over him.
From Mari 💜 : Then why do you care so much that he left?

She didn't answer. She had no answer for her. She didn't even know she cared.

" Hey, are you guys together? " Sohinki asked Noah. He shrugged. " We never discussed it. I mean, you asked me this before and I said yes. But me and her never actually talked about it. "

" Well, they are married. " Anthony said, passing by their conversation. " Wow! Damn, Noah got married before I did. " Joven laughed.

" Dude, you're twenty, married and have a baby on the way. That's crazy. "  Sohinki commented, not really sure if he was okay with that idea of that. " Are you ready? "

Noah thought for a moment. I mean, yes he had thought about before, of course he has. But, no one ever asked if those three words.

" I think so. I've mentally prepared myself that this is the last few months I'll be able to live life fully and that I would be a guy with no child to take care of. " He started, " Damn Sohinki, you really put me into thought here. "

" I'm sorry, it scares me for you guys. You're both so young! " Joven came and patted both of them on the back. " I think he can do it. I know he can. He's a sweet, caring young man. " He paused, " Plus, doesn't Alexis have a motherly side when it comes to Emily? "

Also a good point.

" You're right, you're right. Sorry that I put some doubts in your mind. " And they went back to cleaning.

If Noah didn't have those doubts in his mind before than he does now.

Let's get back to Alexis.

" Hey, I know it's your birthday and all, but you can still help you know? " Olivia laughed at Alexis sitting on the couch, looking at her and Courtney clean up the living room.

" Yeah, sorry. I've just been a bit distant. " She got up and placed the pillows properly. " You wanna talk about it? "

She shook her head softly, and kept replacing the pillows over and over again.

" Lexi, they were fine the first time you arranged them. " Courtney put a hand on her shoulder to stop her from doing it a fourth time.

" What's up? Talk to us. " Courtney sat her down again. " Are you having second thoughts about this? " She asked hesistantly.

" No, no. Of course not. I'm really happy that I'm gonna have a baby, " She stopped, looking into a distance. She could see the dining room from where she was sitting and she remembered a bunch of memories there.

" Are you thinking about the fact it's not with Shayne? " She snapped out of her little thoughts and she looked towards Olivia. " What? "

" I said, are you thinking about Shayne? " Oh, maybe she misheard her then. " Cause you have that look that everyone does when they think about an ex lover. "

Courtney looked at Alexis more intensly and she widdened her eyes. " Oh my god, you are thinking about him. " Alexis shook her head quickly.  " Court, no. "

" Is it because he left when you announced the pregnancy? " She asked. Alexis sighed, she was too tired to think about excuses.

" It's just cause, we had a moment before I came down. And, I don't know, it just, for a second, it felt so right. " She  closed her eyes as she remembered the sensation of being in his arms again. " But? "

" But, it's never gonna work out again. I'm going to a mother with another man. And it's just never gonna be easy. " She sighed.

" So you miss him? " Olivia asked. " I don't just miss him, I still love him. And, I reminded myself daily that I shouldn't love him but I guess, you can't control it. "

Both girls gave her a small group hug, not knowing what to say or how to react. I mean, for weeks, they thought she was over him after the video, but I guess everyone thought wrong.

" You can tell him that, you know? " She shook head at Courtney. " I just told him I'm pregnant with Noah's baby, he's gonna back away after that. He's not gonna want to be a rival with Noah. "

" Did you ever hope it was with Shayne you would have this baby with? " She let a small laugh, " No, never. I love what I have with Noah, and I really think he'll be a great father. That, I wouldn't change it for the world. "

" But you're not in love with Noah. " Alexis nodded her head at Olivia.

I guess, it was a series of unfortunate events that happened. Her life never went as she wished and she knew it never will.

Wait, where was Shayne in all this?