chapter 85 | the missing person

" You really out did yourself this time, Grossman. " Wes slammed a newspaper onto Noah's keyboard.

The leading title read : MISSING PERSON

It followed with a picture of Alexis, right under.

Noah took the paper in his hands and scanned throughly. This wasn't real. He didn't actually cause her disapereance.

" I didn't do this. " He shook his head and threw the paper across the room. " Last time we saw her, was friday, Noah. The night you were yelling at her, remember? "

It was nightmare. He chuckled nervously. Come on. Wake up, Grossman, wake up!

But it wasn't.

She was actually missing and no one had seen her since that night.

" No, she's out hiding in their basement and this is a set up to get me to confess and apologize for what I said. " He stood from his desk and he frantically walked around the room.

" Noah, " Wes stopped him by putting his two hands onto his shoulders, " This is true. She's really missing. "

He fell to his knees, Wes failing to catch him. He sobbed? Or maybe he screamed.

Everything he told her was now instant regret. He shouldn't have said anything.

" I'm sorry! I didn't mean any of it. " He cried, he was on his knees, screaming and sobbing. Wes sighed but then, held him by his wrists to calm him down.

" Wes, chill. " Keith warned as Wes overdid it as well.

" Noah, it's not only your fault, okay? There's something we could have all done to prevent this. " Courtney lowered herself to their level to talk to him.

" Like not let her leave. " Olivia added from her desk.

By this time, they all stopped working on their computers and took in the situation in front of them. It had been a bad weekend, following the pool night.

" Guys, " Ian walked into the room, seeing the comotion, " we didn't realize sooner, but Shayne's missing too. "

The other members of the Squad and Wes all turned their eyes towards Ian. He has to be kidding.

" Then, it's clear. He's with Alexis. " Keith said with such confidence. Ian shook his head, " He promised Anthony to stay away from her and that's what he did. "

" There's no way he left her alone in time like this. Not a chance. " Olivia bit her lip nervously.

Noah's anger rose again as they talked about them, but he couldn't get himself angry anymore. He caused these problems. He caused their disaperance. He couldn't think straight. He needed help for this anger.

" Stay focused on finding them, Noah. " He thought to himself.

" Find my friends. " Noah remembered, putting all the feelings aside. " I remember she installed it on her phone incase I needed to find her. "

(Guys, this is an actual app. It's really cool and very easy and safe for your friends or family to know if you're safe during a night out, 100% would recommend if you have worried parents!)

Noah rushed towards her desk and grabbed his phone. He went onto the app and pressed on her number.

Everyone looked at him with hope. The hope for an answer.

" This can't be right, " He said, zooming in onto the icon on his app. " It says she's on the street of her home? "

Ian immediately dialed Anthony's number as he was going to stay home all week to investigate with police.

" Ian, now's not the goo- Noah found her tracking device and it says she's close to your house! Is she there? " He cut him off in a panic.

He could hear Anthony rush outside in flip-flops.

Anthony looked left and right, but there was no one. " Ian, there's nobody. "

" This app is always accurate. She must be hiding behind a bush because she saw him. "

From the corner of his eye, Anthony saw the sun reflecting something on the ground. He walked towards it and gasped at what he saw.

" It's Lexi's phone, " He picked it up slowly but dropping it almost instanly, " It's covered in blood. "

" Oh my god, " Everyone who was in the Squad's studios said. " Anthony, don't touch the phone. Get the cops! Now! "

Ian hung up the phone and ran to help his best friend back at home.

" Guys, " Courtney spoke for the first time in a few minutes, " Fans have been tweeting also that they found Shayne's phone near the 405, " she gulped, " Also covered in blood. "

The gang quickly circled around Courtney as she showed them tweets that fans sent. It was a cracked iPhone covered in blood. Was it Shayne's? Definitely. By the unseen picture of him and Alexis as the lockscreen, you could tell it was his.

" The office is currently on lockdown. Please stay in your current locations and do not move till further notice. " They heard over the intercoms.

" What the fuck is going on? " Keith panicked.

" Ian, " Joe yelled from down the hall, " Stop! We're on lockdown. " He said to Ian but he didn't stop.

The elevator doors opened and it revealed two officers. He didn't think anything of it and he rushed into the elevators. But the officers took him back out.

" I have to go! " He fought back. " Sir, you are on a lockdown. You need to remain in place. "

" We're here to inspect the whole building. " One of the men told Ian. " Cool, great. I gotta go help my best friend! " He said but they stopped him before he could ran again.

" Sir, your friend Anthony is safe with our team. " The other one said, " We need to talk to you about the investigation  case involving Alexis and Shayne. "

Ian took a deep breath and guided them towards his office. Everyone else in a panick but they couldn't move from there to eaves drop.

" If you need to look at the cameras, go ahead. You won't find anything. " Ian gestured them and they took his computer.

" Sir, " He paused, " I'm afraid that this case quickly turned into a double homicide, " Ian's eyes widdened.

" We have now opened an investigation case for the murder of Shayne Topp and Alexis Padilla. "