chapter 21 | the airport

(A/N : I lowkey don't know where I'm going with this so I'm kinda just filing in chapters before I get to the main parts of the story. )

(Alexis' POV)

Not even 2 hours later, I was booking a flight to New York with Noah, packing as quickly as I could. He had already packed since he had planned it all out since morning.

" Lex, this is crazy. I'm gonna finally develop my acting career! " He said excitedly, flopping onto my bed. I just looked at him in awe because he was truly happy about it.

But, I was still so confused and upset at the fact that he frickin' quit.

I finished packing and we took a taxi, already off to the airport. I couldn't believe he had found a flight that would fly us to New York and get there by night.

I just fiddled with my nails the whole entire drive to the airport. There was a feeling in my stomach telling me to stop, to not go. But there was also my heart that was racing at thought of being with Noah again, remembering the late nights walking around Times Square, or just cuddling in bed.

" You okay? " He asked. I looked into his direction and he was looking at me, already. I smiled at him and he smiled back, making me feel like this was right.

But I know it wasn't.

(Anthony's POV)

" Dude, Noah just quit. "

Well, that was a plesant welcome.

" What the hell are you talking about? " I said, walking into Ian's office. He was reading a letter from Noah. " He came in this morning, he was waiting by my door and he handed me this. He gave me a hug and said, he was sorry. And then left. "

He handed me the letter and I started to read it.

Dearest Ian & Anthony,
It is with a heavy heart that I've decided to resigned my position as a member of the crew and Squad to fully fufill my acting career. I just landed a role in a upcoming movie..

Didn't Lexi say he didn't get the part?

" This is messed up. " I said, tossing the letter onto his desk. " I knew he was scared of you but I thought he was passed it. "

" Lexi told me that- " He cut me off, " She knew about this? " He asked, " Well, yeah. That's why they went to New York because he had his audition. "

" So you're telling me, that she wants this? Do you realise that if she didn't care for his career, he'd still be here? " Ian asked, kind of very angrily.

" No, I mean she said that she didn't support his idea. And she was the one who convinced him to come back here, but she-he-um, " I stuttered. I had no back up argument for what I had to say.

" What are we going to do? Are we just gonna cancel Put It In My Mouth? " He asked. The situation getting worse by every realisation we were having.

" Gimme a sec, I'm gonna call Lexi. "

I was in the car with her, not even 10 minutes ago. She told me, litereally 10 minutes ago, that he was gonna come back full time starting today.

" Lexi? "

" Anthony? Hey, now's not a go- Ma'am, need any help with a checked-in suitcase? "

I heard in the background a lady ask her. Obviously, she was at the airport when, again, just 10 minutes ago, she was supposed to be at school.

" I thought you were in class? " I asked her, suspiciously.

" That was almost three hours ago. I didn't even go. "

Guess I don't know how to tell time.

" I'll call you back in a bit, okay? Wait, was that An-"

And the line cut off. I knew exactly who that was with her. And I knew exactly what was going on.

" He's taking her to New York with him. " I told Ian. " What do you mean? " I sat down on the couch that was in his office, trying to stay calm.

How stupid could they be? They're two teenagers flying in and out of Cali. How stupid could she be? She is putting a guy in the way of her life again. She really just left school right now to be with him.

" She was at the airport and right before we hung up, I heard Noah. "

Incoming call from lexi☀️

" Damn right, you better have called me back. What the hell are you thinking? "

" Anthony? It's Noah. "

" Listen, I know you're afraid of me but to drag my sister around with while she has a life to live as well, isn't cool. You dropped all of your of responsabilities because of a dumb mistake and now, you're out to get me by taking my sister? "

" No. It's not like that. It's not ever gonna be about seeking revenge. Look, I just called to say I'm staying in New York for a few weeks. Lex's tickets is only a week. I just needed her here for support and help me find a place to live and to not be so lonely for the first week. She'll come back. "

" So she supports you quiting Smosh? "

" I mean, she came with me, so I guess she does. But listen, don't get mad at her when she gets back. It was all me, okay? "

Unbelievable.

" Thank you. For the greatest experience of my life. Working with you guys was amazing. But I think, acting really is my calling. "