chapter 42 | the married one

(Alexis' POV)

" Come on, Lexi. You have school. " I heard Anthony called from the hallway.

It had been a few days since me and Shayne spoke. I wasn't sure if it was a break up or a break. Either way, I hated feeling the way I did. All I wanted to was cry and stay in bed.

" Don't give up on your life for another guy, Lexi. " Anthony said from my bedroom doorway. And I know he didn't mean it in the bad way but like, you know.

" I know it's hard. Trust me, I've been through a breakup. " He came to site on the edge of my bed, my back facing him. " But, you have to keep going. Prove him you're doing fine without him. "

His brotherly side came out. Usually, he would tell me 'forget him' but I guess he saw how much Shay- the blond boy really means to me.

" Only if you drive me and pick me up? " I said, slowly getting up. " Anything for you to get back up on your feet. " He got up as well and came to side and gave me a hug.

" Gimme 20 minutes. " I said, he nodded his head and left my room. I walked into my bathroom and took a quick shower. I let the sounds of the water cover up my morning cries as I always did.

What was the point of makeup when my tears were just going to wash them away again anyways?

I put on some leggings and a random sweater from my floor, but then I realised it was his. I took a deep breath before I chucked it to the side, getting a new sweater from my closet.

" Ready? " I heard Anthony from my doorway. I took my bag and nodded my head. " Ready. "

Here's to the first time I'm going out in days.

(Anthony's POV)

" How she holding up? " Mari asked me as soon as I stepped out of the elevator. " She finally went to school this morning. "

" That's something. " She said, walking with me towards the small coffee area. " I'm sorry I haven't been by to see her yet. Been busy with the overfilming of Maricraft. "

" Such a bad best friend. " I joked, getting myself a coffee. " I know, I know. Sorry! I'll come over tonight, it's cool? " She asked, " stop by whenever you want. "

She smiled and gave me a thumbs up, heading back to her studio. I saw Shayne walk in from the corner of my eye but then walking back out, slowly.

See, Smosh Squad told me he would do this a lot because he was afraid that I was mad at him. Why does everyone think I'm gonna be mad at them if they hurt my sister??

" You can come and get coffee Shayne. It's your work place too. " I said loudly, while mixing my coffee. " Yeah, I'm really tired. I need to wake up. "

I looked at him and his eyes were red and puffy. His eyebags were very present, it looked like he hadn't slept for a few days.

" Haven't been sleeping well? " I asked him. He shook his head as he poured himself some coffee. " It's weird to say it to your boss, but I really miss your sister. "

" She misses you too, if that helps at all. " I sipped on my coffee. " It doesn't. It just makes me feel bad for leavig her. "

" You did what was right for you. You didn't feel good in the relationship because she doesn't talk about how she feels, and that's okay. " I told him.