chapter 55 | the uncontrollable sobs

" So, the Smosh Games members had to go home early because someone stank up their studios. " Anthony walked into the kitchen were Alexis was sitting at the dinning table. Her back facing him, so he couldn't see her red eyes from crying and her irritated nose from blowing into the tissues too much.

" Was someone sick? " She sniffled silently, her voice sounding scratchy. He got himself a bottle of water from the fridge, concerned about her tone of voice. " Hey, are you okay? "

She let a tear fall from her right eye, nodding her head. " I'm good, just sleepy. " He shut the fridge door and walked her way. He placed a hand on her shoulder and she flinched. She stood up quickly and ran past him, towards her room.

She wanted to be alone, but she couldn't run away from her brother. They lived together.

As he approached her room, he could hear her shuffle some papers around, covering the sounds of her not so quiet sobs as well.

" What's wrong? " He opened her door, and he finally saw her. Her blonde her tossed into a messy bun, her grey hoodie basically drenched with tears. She broke down on the floor, in front of her brother, once again.

He ran towards her and dropped to his knees to hold her in his arms as she cried. He tried to comfort her, but her cries just got uncontrollable and heavier. She was hyperventilating and she was hitting Anthony in the chest as a sigh of being distraught.

" I'm here, calm down. You're okay, you're okay. " He played with her hair, trying to calm her down. But she couldn't stop crying. He didn't know what to do. The last time he saw her like this, it was because of Noah. And even then, it was an intense as this.

He reached for his phone, calling Mari. That was his only hope. He knew that she was the only one who would know how to calm her down. She's done it countless times ever since they met.

" Hellooo! Mari is, oh my god, is that Alexis? " Olivia was the one to pick up the phone. She sounded cheerful in the beginning until she heard the crying in the background.

" Is Mari there? " He asked in a panic.

" She's driving right now, but here you're on speaker. "

" Please tell me you guys can come over and help me with Lexi, she's crying uncontrollably and I don't know what to do. "

" Yeah, we're coming! We're at Courtney's, picking her up, but we'll be there pronto! "

He hung up the phone call and still tried getting a word out of her, but she didn't talk. She just cried and sniffled a lot.

The girls didn't lie when they said she would be there pronto. Within 7 minutes of the call, they were already there.

" I'm gonna go answer the door, okay? Just take a few deep breaths. " He said, picking her up and placing her on her bed. He rushed towards the door and Mari ran past him, towards her room.

The two other girls staying behind with Anthony, because Mari told them too.

" What happened? " Courtney asked. " I don't know. I came home and she just cried. "

The sound of a smashing glass was heard and they all ran towards her room.

Mari put her in a arm lock position, Alexis trying to escape but she kept knocking stuff over.

" Lexi, you have to tell him. " Mari said loudly as Alexis tried to get out of Mari's grasp. She just shook her head and kept fighting.

" You can tell me anything. I'm here to help you! " Anthony also started to yell for some reason, not fearing his own sister. " Lexi, talk to us. We're here to help. What happened? " Olivia asked, looking at the scene in front of her.

Mari wasn't afraid to threaten her best friend. She had her in an arm lock on the bed already. What more was she supposed to do without hurting the fragile girl ?

She stopped resisting, her sobs got quieter and her breathing steadied.

" Good? " Mari asked her, her grip softening on Lexi as she nodded her head. " How do you do that? " They were impressed at her skills to stop people from crying. Mari got off the bed and stood by the other three.

It was quiet. No one talked, no one cried. They all just looked at Alexis on the bed, holding her knees up to her chest. Mari raised an eyebrow at her, insisting she spoke.

She tried to get words out but nothing.

" This is a bad moment but, I've been needing to pee since I got off work. Where's your bathroom? " Olivia asked, breaking the silence. Anthony directed her down the hall which was basically Alexis' own bathroom, but every guest used that one. Olivia thanked him and hurried out.

" Wait, Liv! " She finally said something. She got off the bed quickly, pushing past the three.

Olivia opened the door in terror, her mouth opened in shock. Alexis shut her eyes hard as she knew that Olivia saw what she was gonna try and hide.

" I don't know whether to say 'congratulations' or to cry with you. " She tried to say quietly, but Courtney and Anthony were already behind Alexis, looking down at what Olivia had in her hands. Mari already knew, so she stayed behind.

She was holding a plastic bag and inside of it, was a positive pregnancy test. Weird to hold for Olivia but she couldn't seem to let go. She couldn't believe that it was sitting on the bathroom counter, right in front of her.

" Oh, my, god. " Courtney's mouth fell into an 'o' shape. Alexis turned back and looked at her older brother. He was pale and he didn't have any other reaction. " Say something, please. "

" Who's? " Was all he manage to let out. She fixed her bun, the only thing she could think of because she was too nervous

" Lexi, " He stared her down, " Who's is it? "

She took a large deep breath before she spoke, everyone's eyes on her. Even Mari's, because surprisingly she didn't even ask her that question earlier.

" Noah's. "